not photography ... Just a Happy 'All Fools Day'

Thanks Helen, fun read.

One of my favorite April Fools day pranks was pulled off by BMW years ago. They ran a full page ad in a number of publications announcing their new sun/moon roof, claiming that it was so well designed by their German engineering team that you could have it open while driving in pouring rain, and you wouldn't get any water in the car, even if you stopped at a stop sign. Caused a big kerfuffle amongst the engineers I worked with at the time, everyone trying to figure out how this was possible. Turns out it wasn't. Ha!!!

Best,
-Tim

In ancient Greece, the first of April fell 12 days after the vernal equinox and was dedicated to gods Aphrodite and Dionysus. With this custom people wanted to "trick" one another and deceive the harmful forces. Its aim was the disinhibition & "blooming" of the spirit that coincided with the "blooming" of nature. Whoever succeeded would be lucky for the rest of the year.

So maybe today we should shoot uninhibited and take pictures as tricksters. Maybe we can be lucky for the rest of the year.

https://youtu.be/Snwi7462Xf8

From the record All Fool’s Day.

The real Saints, prior to the departure of Ed Kuepper, were much better, but this is ok, and the record is a nice reminder, yearly, of our folly.
Marty

Cool album...
though I now find myself, at this point in my life
their hit 'I'm stranded' and on my own...head banging

Thanks for the music !

In ancient Greece, the first of April fell 12 days after the vernal equinox and was dedicated to gods Aphrodite and Dionysus. With this custom people wanted to "trick" one another and deceive the harmful forces. Its aim was the disinhibition & "blooming" of the spirit that coincided with the "blooming" of nature. Whoever succeeded would be lucky for the rest of the year.

So maybe today we should shoot uninhibited and take pictures as tricksters. Maybe we can be lucky for the rest of the year.

ha, Thank You for that !
You really stirred up memories...
My Mother's parents were both from Greece, hence I grew up on
Greek mythology before ever reaching to Sunday school.
I suppose Mount Olympus, the Gods looking down upon us with mischievous intent always brings a Smile to my face.

Since You mentioned Aphrodite & Bacchus, Let's raise our glass, our camera to Wine, Love, Joy!

Thanks Helen, fun read.

One of my favorite April Fools day pranks was pulled off by BMW years ago. They ran a full page ad in a number of publications announcing their new sun/moon roof, claiming that it was so well designed by their German engineering team that you could have it open while driving in pouring rain, and you wouldn't get any water in the car, even if you stopped at a stop sign. Caused a big kerfuffle amongst the engineers I worked with at the time, everyone trying to figure out how this was possible. Turns out it wasn't. Ha!!!
Best,
-Tim

I like that One Tim ...Very Cool of BMW !
Fun ways to play, to celebrate to laugh
Thank You

Cool album...
though I now find myself, at this point in my life
their hit 'I'm stranded' and on my own...head banging
Thanks for the music !

https://youtu.be/MpMwMDqOprc
(I’m) Stranded was written by Ed Kuepper and Chris Bailey very near to where I grew up in Brisbane. The video was recorded in a building owned by a friend of my father’s.

Ed Kuepper is still very active, and has been writing tremendous songs for half a century:
https://youtu.be/9EG9iz3SUt4

7CCD4288-4A8C-4685-A312-DF560AA0898B.jpeg

Monochrom, f1 Noctilux.

Marty

Back