New York November NYC Meet-UP

Pretty much I am becoming a public figure too. I have increased my posts here and people are now living vicariously through me. Of course, given the posts, others are strenuously avoiding doing so. I am thinking about getting an agent. I am also thinking about doing my own self-portraits. Even professional photographers have a hard time capturing the essence of my personality. Sure, I look like Harrison Ford, but it is my personality that really sets me apart.

Here's a hint: if you want to achieve a model's mouth, all that relaxing your lips and stuff is a complete waste of time. Do what models do: botox. Don't blame me. Irving Penn started it all with that photo of a bumble bee on that model's voluptuous lips. But you have to be careful. You don't want to come out looking like Mr. Potato Head or anything. My advice is to go slow and ease into it. On the other hand, if what you are looking for is the zoned out look you see on male models in magazines like Vogue and such, you know where they are leaning back on an antique sofa with satin upholstery completely oblivious to the fact that they are wearing an $8,000 Italian raincoat even though it is not raining inside, you probably would be in the market for some specialized modeling drugs, the most prescribed of which is Oblivion. Just depends on the look you are going for.

See everyone tomorrow. I’ll be there at noon when they first open.

Today I put a cedar roof on the shed.

The weather was a T-shirt and jeans till about 5:00 PM.

The weather forecasts often are wrong up here because the climate is moody. We had spring temperatures and its November 12th.

Seems like the mini splits dry the air, so I have one of my humidifiers running to counter the effects.

Cal

This was an outdoor meet-up. My feet were cold.

The Leitz projector is an attractive object and all it needs is a power cord and a 85mm projector lens.

This will likely be a the last Meet-Up this year. I have to avoid disease because of childcare as there is no backup.

Will start up again perhaps in the spring when mild weather sets in.

Pete’s Sigma FPL was an interesting camera for anyone with L-mount lenses or M-mount. I learned the good, the bad and the ugly from a user who has owned the camera for a year. Nice and small, but no VF’er. Kinda good looking too.

Cal

Cal, I had a great time seeing you and Christian again after so many years. Thank you very much for organizing it. I only wish we had had more time together.

Cal, I had a great time seeing you and Christian again after so many years. Thank you very much for organizing it. I only wish we had had more time together.

Pete,

Time and distance seems not to matter much with old friends.

Thanks for bringing the Sigma FPL.

It was great catching up with Jean-Marc also.

Pretty sure we will do this again under better conditions.

Cal

It look like we got one of the last good days in to be outside, even if it was a little chilly in the end. I had fun catching up with Jean-Marc and Pete. I am totally on board with the Sigma now, and am ready to accessorize it.

Christian, there are a number of FB pages dedicated to the fp and fpL, including one page focused on video usage. There is a used fpL for sale in one of the groups. Good luck with the accessorising and let us know when you make these genius gadgets.

It look like we got one of the last good days in to be outside, even if it was a little chilly in the end. I had fun catching up with Jean-Marc and Pete. I am totally on board with the Sigma now, and am ready to accessorize it.

Christian,

Good luck. It was great to experience a FPL. I love how modular it is and its size.

Also great to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly from an experienced user.

Anyways a nicely packaged camera.

Cal

Back