NY, just like I pictured it

A few shots from a recent family trip to NYC.
filedata/fetch?filedataid=117366
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

filedata/fetch?filedataid=117367
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

image widget

This is my memory of The City from the days hanging out on St. Marks into the wee hours. I never saw that guy selling the detachable penis on the sidewalk.

Do you read TS Eliot?

“The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,

The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window-panes,

Licked its tongue into the corners of the evening,

Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains,

Let fall upon its back the soot that falls from chimneys,

Slipped by the terrace, made a sudden leap,

And seeing that it was a soft October night,

Curled once about the house, and fell asleep.”

I hope you Helen don't mind your thread being hijacked by some tourists, cause I'm about to be one of them ;)

IJRM51U.jpg

xpounZi.jpg

I went to NYC in January, first it was just very cold but sunny, and then the blizzard came, while it was exhausting to walk the streets all day in such conditions now I have hundreds of pictures I'm trying to sort and pick the better ones. I must admit I'd love to spend rest of my days in this city.

jbielikowski;nI hope you Helen don't mind your thread being hijacked by some tourists said:
Jan,
You should have sent me an email about your trip... Could have gone out shooting together

Have met and shot with so many RFF friends from around the World here in NYC... it's always special

Loved shooting with Junku Nishimura and his girlfriend at the time / Suzuki , the director of Iron Chef... The four of us had an absolute Blast !

I hope you Helen don't mind your thread being hijacked by some tourists, cause I'm about to be one of them ;)

IJRM51U.jpg

xpounZi.jpg

I went to NYC in January, first it was just very cold but sunny, and then the blizzard came, while it was exhausting to walk the streets all day in such conditions now I have hundreds of pictures I'm trying to sort and pick the better ones. I must admit I'd love to spend rest of my days in this city.

Fantastic shots, Jan, I hope to see more!

Erik.

I should Helen, I should, maybe because I'm a lone wanderer type I have not even thought about it. But your pictures were my main reason I took loads of Tri-X, to try and capture some of the mood.

My pleasure Erik, thank you!

GPHpjhR.jpg

F9Tunof.jpg

OcV4YDQ.jpg

Central Park is special, now I can understand why people pay millions just to have windows facing it.

Only just discovered this thread. Makes you want to go into the city (any city, in the wholeWorld) and shoot. Helen communicates an arresting emotion with her photographs, not just the timing and compositions and the characters but even just the tones. I love the inky blacks. That fuzzy night shot that elicited rayt’s Eliot quote, how about that.

Only just discovered this thread. Makes you want to go into the city (any city, in the wholeWorld) and shoot. Helen communicates an arresting emotion with her photographs, not just the timing and compositions and the characters but even just the tones. I love the inky blacks. That fuzzy night shot that elicited rayt’s Eliot quote, how about that.

Cool and Very dear of You Richard , Thanks much !!

Rayt; said:
This is my memory of The City from the days hanging out on St. Marks into the wee hours. I never saw that guy selling the detachable penis on the sidewalk.

Do you read TS Eliot?

“The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,

The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window-panes,

Licked its tongue into the corners of the evening,

Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains,

Let fall upon its back the soot that falls from chimneys,

Slipped by the terrace, made a sudden leap,

And seeing that it was a soft October night,

Curled once about the house, and fell asleep.”

Thank You Rayt ~. Yum to T.S.
Loved his quote from The Wasteland , 'Mixing Memory and Desire'
that thought has always stayed with Me

Eric, Photography, The Written Word/Books, Mysticism, & Love
is All I Need... but since Eric has passed I no longer can find my Roots, place in the World anymore, Such is Life.

Back