one lens - one camera - dear diary

I would consider it myself. Getting back into film now. I bought a Yashica GTN and went to a food festival with it it the weekend. It felt good and just enough. That said if I had to stick to one camera it would be my Rolleiflex even though its getting fixed at the moment (have a Yashica B in the post).

Dan, I think you made a great choice for gear. From my experience, I never tire of using an M body - film or digital. But your lens choice I think is very good. The 35/2.5 is a lens I know will deliver the goods, but I don't fret about treating it like a precious baby. Consequently, I'm willing to bring the rig with me more places and "get in there" to grab images.
And one other thing that's been proven in the past: keep shooting and developing and you *will* get better. A simple fact......just seems so difficult for so many of us to implement.
Best Luck!!!

Right now I am about a week in. 1957 Nikon S3 with 3.5cm f/2.5...film of course...B&W only. Jan 1, 2024 is good anniversary. I thought about using the 5cm f/1.4, but the 3.5 won out.

Well, it appears I did it... Started the 2022 year on Jan 2 using only the Leica Q, and carried on through until now using just that one camera and its 28mm f/1.7 Summilux lens. Very useful on local walks. Clearly I'm far behind on postprocessing.

I don't think I can do the "one lens" thing, but I'd like to do mostly the "one camera" thing for the digital camera (Leica M10-M). But my film cameras need exercise too, and I've got a lot more of them than digital cameras... :)

G

I have been pretty much a one camera one lens guy ( talking about my personal work) for a very long time. I use equipment that matches the way I see and work. For me now its an M 10 mono and 35mm lens.
img%5D

Back