Panasonic S5 incoming!

Archiver Hey. How is your journey with the S5 going? I have been considering one - I am looking for a stills camera to use vintage lenses on. IBIS is important. Have you tried composing with the panoramic Xpan aspect ratio?

I'm delighted with the S5 for use with vintage lenses. If you read some of my earlier posts, there's a list of the lenses I've tried with it. The S5 has been my primary work camera for video lately, and pairing it with Minolta SR mount lenses, and the Summicron M 50 and Zeiss Distagon 35 has proven to work really well.

I haven't tried composing in X-pan aspect ratio, not sure if that is a framing option in the S5. But the 24mp files crop really well. IBIS on the S5 is pretty solid, although the G9's IBIS is better. I've read that the IBIS of the S5 is still better than the Sony A7S III and A7 IV, or is at least as good.

The Minoltas have a soft, low contrast look which is perfect for a slightly dreamy and romantic look, and the Summicron 50 and Distagon 35 look like straight-up cinema. Here are some images with the Distagon 35 and one with the Summicron 50 that I took lately:

S5 - Folding Space From Ix by Archiver, on Flickr

S5 - Runtime by Archiver, on Flickr

S5 - Melbourne Morning by Archiver, on Flickr

S5 - Standing with intention by Archiver, on Flickr

Back