Petri Racer

ErickD

Local time
2:41 AM
Does anyone know anything about this camera? I read the other discussions about this and searched google a little bit but theres not a lot of information.

What battery should i use? i tried the 625 that i use from my olympus 35 rc but the metering doesnt seem to work.

The focus patch is bright. Really bright but it doesnt line up. I read somewhere that thats the way it is. If so, what is the purpose of that rangefinder if you cant line up the image. How do you focus with this?

Hi ErickD. I have one of these (see my avatar) and they are nice little cameras. The battery from your RC should work if the circuit is OK (clean the battery contacts). The rangefinder patch should line up but there are no adjusting screws and I spent hours bending mine until I got it spot on (very tricky). I cleaned the rangefinder system at the same time an it is very bright and clear. It's a nice capable camera and worth the time and effort.

old thread, found while searching here on RFF about the Petri Racer.
I got one in like-new condition for almost nothing before yesterday.
Working exposure meter is not important to me, I still prefer spot metering often, but anyway I inserted a PR44 zinc-air 1,4V battery (for hearing devices) and a spacer to compensate. It works. Checked against a lightmeter, it's correct.

It's a nice little camera, chromed brass, very light, smart ergonomics, not so solid built but good enough, the shutter is easy to trigger accidentally , if like me you are used to advance after each frame, no lock. Mine came with its ever ready case, which is nice also.
It's the f2.8 lens.

hele.jpg

detajl_batteri.jpg

kikker.jpg

Back