Photos that hang on your walls.

John Bragg

Well-known
Local time
1:57 AM
This thread is for photos that you took that you like well enough to have mounted and framed. This will start the ball rolling and it is a portrait I took of my 6 year old daughter which my other half kindly had mounted on canvas and it has pride of place in our home.

Icecream treat by E.J. Bragg, on Flickr

John, I'll continue on the family theme. here's a 20x20" Rolleiflex photo, print on Foma Variant, from a trip my 2 kids & i did to Europe. The location was the dockyard in Reyjkavik
48821820158_f57bf82f96_b.jpg

This is a small print that’s been hanging on my wall for several years… I took it in 2010, after acquiring my first Barnack Leica, and used the fabulous Voigtlander Skopar 28mm f3.5 and TMax 100 film to make it. It’s interesting to me that after going this way and that photographically, I seem to be back getting close and looking at details again.

Roots and Rocks by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr

@John Bragg - This is a great idea for a thread topic.
John, I'll continue on the family theme. here's a 20x20" Rolleiflex photo, print on Foma Variant, from a trip my 2 kids & i did to Europe. The location was the dockyard in Reyjkavik
48821820158_f57bf82f96_b.jpg
@Deardorff38 - I really like the idea of capturing how such images look, as framed and displayed in one's home. I will try to do the same when I have some daylight in my house in hopes of cutting down on the indoor lighting reflections I'm battling at the moment.

Not because it's the greatest photo I've ever done. It's not great in any respect, however, it's the first digital photo I ever took that I liked and it proved to me that I could shoot digital and get good results. Up until this picture, I had been disappointed in digital and I preferred shooting with my M6 Leicas in B&W. It's 1/2 of a full frame from an 8mp Canon 30D with a Tokina 12-24mm lens. I've printed it borderless on 13x19 and it's held together pretty well. Some months later, I began doing digital totally with a variety of gear. Today, I'm almost totally B&W digital with little color.

Copy of Img_0024 1-1.jpg

Another photo on my wall was shot with a disposable paper Kodak camera. I like pictures and I don't care what camera is used to take them.

This is the only photograph of mine on the wall in the house. It was taken the day after my 30th birthday in 1984. It was always a challenge to print using analogue methods but about 8 years ago I had a high resolution scan and a piezographic print made. It is taken in Ladakh on the Tibetan plateau.

Ladakh framed1.jpg

Last edited:
On display for several years.

A little story: I was shooting the two birds, I was focused on a different part of the action. There was a guy next to me, I asked him, "What are you shooting?" We responded, "I'm looking for the hand-off of the stick." That turned out to be a much better idea than mine. I think the lesson here is don't stay fixed-focus on one idea, let go and look for a range of possibilities.

Nesting time for Great Blue Herons, the male flies off, finds a stick, brings to female who stuffs it into the emerging nest. Wakodahatchee Wetlands, Delray FL, Feb. 2014.

140204-GBHx2-Wakodahatchee-H9A0022-Ed-2kPost.jpeg

On display for several years.

A little story: I was shooting the two birds, I was focused on a different part of the action. There was a guy next to me, I asked him, "What are you shooting?" We responded, "I'm looking for the hand-off of the stick." That turned out to be a much better idea than mine. I think the lesson here is don't stay fixed-focus on one idea, let go and look for a range of possibilities.

Nesting time for Great Blue Herons, the male flies off, finds a stick, brings to female who stuffs it into the emerging nest. Wakodahatchee Wetlands, Delray FL, Feb. 2014.

----------------
Spectacular. The perfect blend of technique, subject and action.

Back