Pixii A camera manufacturer that actually listens! (new functions added)

M.B

Local time
5:27 AM
Today I installed the newest camera software in the ”developer channel”. It contained som bug fixes, which is nice, but also one of my suggested features!
I wanted to be able to use the rear dial for exposure compensation in aperture priority without half pressing the shutter and ISO when in manual. The new feature isn’t exactly like that, but still.

You can now choose what double clicking the function button will do. Before it switched between the Monochrom and Bayer mode. Now you can choose between Mode, Sensor Speed, ISO, EC, WB, Lens/Frameline, Picture Profile and Image Quality (I think thats all).

If you set it for Mode, the double click switches between Monochrome and Bayer, like before. If you set it to for example ISO or EC it activates it and you use the rear dial. Your changes is of course visible like normal in both the rangefinder and top display. EC is also aded to the menu so you can set it with the fn button mapped for something else.

Very happy to see this added.

Pixii Firmware-2.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Pixii Firmware-2.jpg Views:	8 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	4784133

PS. Please note that switching to a ”developer” software/firmware gives more functions, but also lets you find potential bugs. If you aren’t ready for that, wait until the new functions reaches the ”release” version. Personally I haven’t had any major issues.

Hey, Mattias, thanks for bringing your ideas to the attention of Pixii and to Pixii for listening. You are experienced enough that your suggestions have weight. The camera is evolving into a better and better machine. Tak!

Reactions: M.B
Today I installed the newest camera software in the ”developer channel”. It contained som bug fixes, which is nice, but also one of my suggested features!
I wanted to be able to use the rear dial for exposure compensation in aperture priority without half pressing the shutter and ISO when in manual. The new feature isn’t exactly like that, but still.

You can now choose what double clicking the function button will do. Before it switched between the Monochrom and Bayer mode. Now you can choose between Mode, Sensor Speed, ISO, EC, WB, Lens/Frameline, Picture Profile and Image Quality (I think thats all).

If you set it for Mode, the double click switches between Monochrome and Bayer, like before. If you set it to for example ISO or EC it activates it and you use the rear dial. Your changes is of course visible like normal in both the rangefinder and top display. EC is also aded to the menu so you can set it with the fn button mapped for something else.

Very happy to see this added.

PS. Please note that switching to a ”developer” software/firmware gives more functions, but also lets you find potential bugs. If you aren’t ready for that, wait until the new functions reaches the ”release” version. Personally I haven’t had any major issues.

I am hoping to get ISO Auto like I have on the M11. Often I have Auto Iso, M-manual F-stops course, and Auto speed. Other times also manual speed. So I would very much appreciate ISO AUTO.

I had a response from David yesterday about AUTO ISO and to expect it sometime during this summer. I am happy about that and even happier to be able to correspond with developers! That is a refreshing change in this increasingly crazy world.

Last edited:
Back