Post Bronica Photos... Any format. I just want to see Bronica photos

Okay, since you piqued my curiosity I pulled out my 645 back and my S2. I did this same thing with my 500 series Hasselblads when I wanted to use my CFV II 50c digital back on them (it's a 33x44mm sensor). What I did was to get some thin black construction paper and cut it into a 6x6cm square (well really more like 5.8x5.8cm, as that's what the frame really is). Then I carefully measured a 33x44mm rectangle smack-dab in the middle of that square piece of paper and cut it out with an Xacto knife. Fits pretty well and works for me -- certainly a lot cheaper than buying one of those dedicated Hasselblad screens.

I measured the spot around the ground glass of the Bronica and I think in this case you'd want to make your piece of paper about 62x62mm. I then measured the actual frame in the 645 back and it's 53x41mm. So it's just a case of then measuring a frame that size in the middle of that 62x62mm piece of paper and away you go. The focusing hood holds the mask in place. Other alternative is you mark out a 53x41mm frame on your ground glass with a fine-line Sharpie - I’ve also done that on my Hasselblads and it’s worked fine as well.

BTW do you have the 645 back or you’re just curious about them and their usage? If you don’t own one, maybe I should run a roll through mine and report back.

I don't , yet, a Bronica type E back for my S2. I am interested in them and their usage flow. Please provide you experiences with your S2.

thanks
Hap

I just picked up the 'Bellows 2' for my S2. These bellows have full swing, tilt and shift movements, which is really unique in the world of medium format. Unfortunately in order to take full advantage of the movements, you really need to be using a lens that's longer than 75mm. Still they're an interesting accessory for these vintage Bronicas. Plus I got them for $50 plus $10 shipping, so I think that was a relative bargain. They're in like-new condition.

With the 150/3.5 Zenzanon and Ilford Delta 100.

Backyard Rainwater
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Back