Post Yer Pinholes!

JoeV

Thin Air, Bright Sun
Local time
11:15 PM
Let's see some pinhole pictures, any format, any camera, any medium. Include a bit of technical info if you want.

~Joe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start. 4"-by-5" wooden pinhole box, F285, Harman Direct Positive paper.

Gate_F285_Pinhole001a by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

Banner (Diana) body w/out lens:
2610692237_1aca6ce7bd.jpg

2610692339_09563da463.jpg

"scanned" using waxed paper on a window and a digital P+S:
2610692471_009ccc59e5_z.jpg

2611527484_4dce173eb6_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steverett/albums/72157605816668015

Eirik, that's a beautiful camera, well done. I like the external VF atop the box.

~Joe

I'm very interested trying Direct Positive paper, how quickly after pre-flashing do you need to shoot and how soon after shooting do you need to develop?

I haven't done extensive tests on how the pre-flash fades over time. I do so while loading my film holders, just before going out to photograph.

~Joe

I made a day trip out to the Very Large Array radio telescope in western New Mexico, with a 4"-by-5" pinhole box camera and film holders loaded with Harman Direct Positive paper.

I rated the paper at ISO 8. These exposures ended up being 30 seconds each, for a F/285 pinhole. Development was for 3 minutes in Ilford MG developer diluted 1+10 in a rotary drum.

~Joe

VLA004A by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

VLA001A by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

VLA003A by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

Eirik, that's a beautiful camera, well done. I like the external VF atop the box.

~Joe
Thank you Joe.

I have since removed the Sinar back, repurposed for another project. Made up a simple DDS holder instead. Main disadvantage is of course I can no longer use a multiformat 120 rollfilm back on the camera. But, hey I have 6x17, 6x24 and 6x6 pinhole cameras as well, so no real loss.

These were taken with the simplified camera:

On the beach by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

Mildy dead oak by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

The camera now looks like this:

DIY 4x5 Pinhole v.2 by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

Holga Pinhole 120 WPC

Holga Pinhole 120 WPC

During the last two years, since I went back to film photography, I was attracted by Pinholes but didn'd try it until a couple of months ago. I went in the classic Roman Forum with my new Holga 120 WPC and a couple of rolls. I made immediately some mistakes during the first roll: i.e. not wanted double exposures (as I didn't advanced the film)... or let the cap on and so on.... :bang:
Well, for the second roll I was fiercely committed to not make mistakes... and everything went good. :)
I was impressed by the images and (seems) I got the right exposure and development time of a not so easy Adox CMS 20 film....

The results are in my Film Blog

001b_wpc120_002.jpg

Thank you Joe.

I have since removed the Sinar back, repurposed for another project. Made up a simple DDS holder instead. Main disadvantage is of course I can no longer use a multiformat 120 rollfilm back on the camera. But, hey I have 6x17, 6x24 and 6x6 pinhole cameras as well, so no real loss.

These were taken with the simplified camera:

On the beach by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

Mildy dead oak by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

The camera now looks like this:

DIY 4x5 Pinhole v.2 by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

Same DIY 4x5 camera, with 120 roll film back, this is 6x9, Acros in Caffenol-C-M(RS)

Where are the children? by Eirik Russell Roberts, on Flickr

Like very much these images! :)

Thanks to OP for the thread and great examples. I have to buy this paper and build 4x5 pinhole.

This one is from ebay seller of pinholes. M-mount cap, with laser drilled 0.2mm pinhole.
On M4-2 with HP5+ as 400, 1/2 second.
8x10 lith print on old Agfa Brovira FB Paper. Arista Lith developer.

U57736I1457928165.SEQ.0.jpg

Very impressed by some of the work here, I obviously have a lot to learn.

This the "special" moont on the M2

16029271085_cf517d9c45_c.jpg

And just to push myself to being silly on Technical Pan !!
Delagi 8 Developer 15mins @68F

16010966285_a190a02ef1_c.jpg

And for the curious from the same roll Tech Pan with a lens incorporating glass:

15830982680_64be55464e_c.jpg

I bought a cheap pinhole body cap which the seller neither stated what size it was, nor included any documentation with it. It's sold as being "dustless" (though for the life of me I can't see how much dust would get through that hole), thus there is a plastic covering on the inside of the hole. When you look through it, is seems there is a lot of junk in the hole too (probably stuck to the "dustless" plastic covering). It may have scattered the light a bit, but then maybe the distance is wrong for the camera.

Nikon N80 on Kodak Ultramax 400 at 1/4 sec--f128 (lowest f reading my Gossen Luna Pro F would go to) I bracketed exposures, but the 1/4 sec reading was right on.

26134561173_88bee1cca7_z.jpg

WWPD Shed by P F McFarland, on Flickr

PF

Back