Post Yer Pinholes!

Amen to that. Really nice, Steve. 35mm film I assume?

A few more of mine, same camera and film as above: Fog and Sunrise, Barjarg; Dusk, Barjarg; Amanita muscaria.

Attachments

• Fog & Sunrise, Barjarg web.jpg
    Fog & Sunrise, Barjarg web.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Dusk, Barjarg - Kier.jpg
    Dusk, Barjarg - Kier.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Amanita 2.jpg
    Amanita 2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks Kevin and Barry. I'm currently using a Skink Pinhole Pancacke 0,18mm on an EM5 MFT camera. I have another Skink on order for my Leica M. I use both analogue and digital Ms so it will be interesting to see the results with film. At the moment I'm using the digital experience to help me align my vision to pinhole scenes.

Love your photos you've just posted Barry. Stunning atmospherics in the first one.

A friend made me a pinhole camera with an equivalent focal length of 11mm. I was absolutely blown away trying it for the first time yesterday. Shot on 4x5 Bergger Pancro 400 semi-stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for an hour.

pinhole-didcot-1-of-1.jpg

Nice work, Charles. Can I ask what diameter the pinhole is? The image has lovely central sharpness, and the expected light fall-off toward the edges from such a short pinhole-film distance. Incredibly wide for 4x5 format, but the wideangle effect is marvelous.

Thanks Barry - I'll ask Jim Lycett who made it what the size is, the aperture is f170 and focal length 37mm. He makes them deliberately to be as wide an angle as possible - that one we were at 2 metres from the front of the engine and could probably have been one metre closer!

Edit - just used the formula in his book and the hole is 0.22 mm in diameter.

The Rotunda at Stowe. Only 2 second exposure so there is an artefact of my finger opening and closing the shutter (interior of the dome), but little could be done to stop that. I'm learning what I can and can't shoot with this and the distances. Shot on Bergger Pancro 400 4x5 and developed in Rodinal 1:25.

stowerotunda-1-of-1.jpg

Early 17th century family tomb, Nuneham Courtenay, Oxfordshire. Now in an open shed by the 18th century church turned Harcourt memorial chapel.

Delta 100 developed in Tmax. Exposure time of 4 minutes.

familytombharcourtchapelpinholedelta100-1-of-1.jpg

Pinhole Panoramic by Narsuitus, on Flickr

Arista.EDU Ultra black & white 100 ISO 35mm film in Holga - 120WPC wide pinhole camera
51mm pinhole to film plane distance
.3mm pinhole
Tripod mounted
f/170
2 1/2 minute shutter speed
94 degree horizontal angle-of-view
Film developed in 1:1 Kodak D76 at 20 degrees for 13 minutes.
Epson V850 flatbed scanner

Holga Pinhole by Narsuitus, on Flickr

My WPPD submission, taken on 28 April 2019.

Ransom Road by KevinL, on Flickr

Taken on the same day, but not submitted to WPPD.

Flowers in the Breeze by KevinL, on Flickr

Both images made with an Agfa Clack that has been converted to a pinhole. I used a commercial laser drilled pinhole (0.34mm) for this conversion. With roughly a 67-68mm focal length, that puts the camera at f/194. I really like the curved film plane in th Clack; it does a great job of keeping a more even exposure. The Clack is fairly compact too, which is another bonus. It also has a super-smooth film advance. I'm quite pleased with this camera and this may become a regular user.

Back