Post Yer Pinholes!

wonderful image Andrea.

Thanks, Barry. It's indeed one of my favorite.

image020.jpg

RealitySoSubtle 6x12, film Fuji Velvia 50

RealitySoSubtle 6x12, film Fuji Velvia 50

Pinhole image made with RSS 6x12 camera on Fuji Velvia 50.
A summerevening on the beach at 'Katwijk' - The Netherlands.

Attachments

• RSS 6x12 Fuji Velvia 50 Katwijk copy 2.jpg
    RSS 6x12 Fuji Velvia 50 Katwijk copy 2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4
No State Fair this year but the Minnesota Fair Grounds are still open for walkers. Quite the different vibe without 100,000 people roaming around! Cheers, jc

Red Gum trees and waterside rushes, 2015. Efke 2x3 sheet film developed in PMK. Camera has 0.2mm pinhole at 36mm from film plane.

attachment.php

Hi Barry,

Doing some 2x3 photography with a Crown Graphic and was thinking about a pinhole camera to use with the film holders I've acquired. Did you make that 2x3 pinhole camera or is that something that is commercially available?

Best,
-Tim

Adapted plastic junk camera. The “Optical lens” was removed, and a hole was drilled through the shutter. A laser made pinhole was adapted. Homemade “lens”cap from a plastic jar lid. With two AA batteries the former shutter release button is able to wind the 35 mm film. The rewinding mechanism is functional.

Camera here

Photos here

Regards
Joao

Lovely shot, Eirik!

Nice pinhole hack-amera, Joao and the images are very good too. I like the gentle softness in these.

Sorry I missed your question until now, Tim.
Yes, I made the camera myself. It's nice to use sheet film for pinhole as you can do one or two shots rather than have to wait to finish a whole roll. You could use your Crown by putting a pinhole in a blank lens panel, but I think it might result in a fairly long 'focal length'. Failing making your own camera, Zero Image or Reality So Subtle make nice 2x3 (6x9) cameras at reasonable prices. James at RSS uses the same electron microscope apertures that I use for pinholes; they're laser cut and very sharp. Regards.

Hi Barry,

Doing some 2x3 photography with a Crown Graphic and was thinking about a pinhole camera to use with the film holders I've acquired. Did you make that 2x3 pinhole camera or is that something that is commercially available?

Best,
-Tim

Pinsta 4X5 Pinhole - Developed in-camera by Neal Wellons, on Flickr

Pinsta Pinhole 4X5 in-camera developed print.
7 minute exposure in mostly bright sun on Harman Direct Positive Paper, developed in-camera with FPP HC-110, solution B, at 5 minutes and fixed in Kodak fixer for 4 minutes.

Pinsta-Go Pinhole Camera with in-camera developing by Neal Wellons, on Flickr

This 4X5 pinhole camera has a light tight port that allows you to inject and remove developer, fixer, and wash. Pop open the back and your print is ready. It is a positive if you use Direct Positive Paper, as I did with my example.

7 minute exposure in mostly bright sun on Harman Direct Positive Paper, developed in-camera with FPP HC-110, solution B, at 5 minutes and fixed in Kodak fixer for 4 minutes.

This 4X5 pinhole camera has a light tight port that allows you to inject and remove developer, fixer, and wash. Pop open the back and your print is ready. It is a positive if you use Direct Positive Paper, as I did with my example.
That is pretty wild! Cool stuff!

GAS attack coming on...

I made a day trip out to the Very Large Array radio telescope in western New Mexico, with a 4"-by-5" pinhole box camera and film holders loaded with Harman Direct Positive paper.

I rated the paper at ISO 8. These exposures ended up being 30 seconds each, for a F/285 pinhole. Development was for 3 minutes in Ilford MG developer diluted 1+10 in a rotary drum.

~Joe

VLA004A by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

VLA001A by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

VLA003A by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr
First I've seen of these. Very nice work. I need to get back down there.

Back