Questions to Members: Re: Email Notifications

splitimageview

coincidence rangefinder
Staff member
Local time
6:24 PM
Hi everyone, I'm working on improving the email server reliability, first step is to compile a list of issues.

Questions:

1. Do you have email notifications enabled? (You can check your current settings by clicking this link: https://rangefinderforum.com/account/preferences )

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 9.07.38 AM.png

2. If you have had email notifications enabled, have you been receiving them?

3. If you are not receiving email notifications, please enter the domain of your email address (not your full address, just the domain; i.e., yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc. ) :

4. If you have tried to reset your password did you receive the reset email?

Thanks in advance for participating!

NOTE: If you are still having problems logging in, please email [email protected] with the following info:

• Your username
  • The email address associated with your username

We'll send you a new temporary password.

After you receive the temp password, log in and click the link below to change it to your preferred password:

Password and security

1) Yes
2) The last time I received an email was 12/18/22, but maybe nobody has tried to email me since then.
3) Was me.com, now mac.com
4) I did receive the password-reset email at the mac.com domain.

@bluestar01 :

Also if it is helpful, since I can't access my account at the moment I thought I could answer your questions here!
1. Perhaps only the Post Reply notifications (that seems to be all I have ever received, and I can't access my account to check..!)
2. Unsure - I haven't had any since 10 Dec 22, but again I haven't posted recently so probably shouldn't expect any emails..!
3. gmail.com
4. No (which leads to this email..!)

Hi everyone, I'm working on improving the email server reliability, first step is to compile a list of issues.

Questions:

1. Do you have email notifications enabled? (You can check your current settings by clicking this link: yes
View attachment 4816007

2. If you have had email notifications enabled, have you been receiving them? NO

3. If you are not receiving email notifications, please enter the domain of your email address (not your full address, just the domain; i.e., yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc. ) : gmail.com

4. If you have tried to reset your password did you receive the reset email? YES

Thanks in advance for participating!

PM me if you need help you probably need some help with your DKIM settings in your DNS/mail server. I just reset my password and it got flagged as SPAM.

1; Yes but not the "Receive activity summary" nor the two "and receive" in Content Options

2. No

3. Fairpoint.net or Elltel.net

4. N/A

1) only for news and updates, not enabled for watched threads
2) no
3) gmx.net
4) I did receive the password-reset email at the gmx.net address.

1. Yes, but I haven't ticked all the email boxes
2. No, but that's probably because there's been nothing to notify me about.
3. gmail.com
4. Yes. This was at the inception of the new XenForo platform. I had no trouble resetting my account. I even manged to reuse my existing password.

I am loving the stability and responsiveness of the new RFF, and am particularly pleased to see an uptick in posts and member usage, including members returning after a long absence.

Reactions: dct
I came back after some hiatus and found by pw not working anymore, but then for some says could not see any pw reset option. It seems now there - I could reset the the pw and all is fine. That happened early-mid January, I think.

Back