Rayqual Fuji X-Pro1 Lens Adapters

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
4:48 PM
Rayqual are considered the best independent Japanese made lens adapter.

The Rayqual Leica M adapter offers correct infinity focusing - the Fuji adapter doesn't!

Adapters at $179
Leica M
Leica R
Nikon F
CONTAX / Yashica

Adapters on Sale at $129
Canon FD / FL
Pentax K (lenses with aperture ring )
Olympus OM
M42 Screw
Exakta

https://shop.cameraquest.com/rayqual-fuji-x-pro1/x-e1-lens-adapters/

Thanks for looking!

Stephen

Stephen, will this adapter allow the use of 40mm Sumicron C? The Fuji adapter does not list it as usable.

John

As Stephen says.

My first adapter for the X-Pro was a Kipon. Total garbage, money wasted. My M lenses had play in three axes when mounted on the thing. I'm currently using the Fuji one, and I'm happy with it, but word on the street is that the Rayquals are as good or better.

Stephen, are there any plans you know of for a tilt and/or shift adaptor for Fuji or other lenses? Thanks - Jim

Dangit. The M Mount Fuji adapters are out of stock. :( I was going to order one. Sigh.

Go with Hawk's helicoid adapter. I just got one after trying about 1/2 dozen other adapters, including the OEM Fuji. Hawk's helicoid adapter is awesome. Fit is great on both ends (between the camera and adapter and adapter and lens). With my DR 'Cron I am able to focus about 7-8" (guestimate) with the helicoid function.

You can get it straight from Hawk in Taiwan, but I got mine from his official US distributor (faster shipping and it was actually cheaper). Seems like his US distributor is out of stock (I got the last one I think).

Hawk: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAWKS-FACTO...ens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item4ab7d6ba7b

His US distributor: http://www.ebay.com/usr/lp1220

I agree with the Hawk's helicoid. It is a cut above the cheap ones out there in terms of fit and ease of changing lens. I wish Rayqual would make a similar adapter with infinity lock. That I would pay extra for.

Go with Hawk's helicoid adapter.

"New question for an old thread" I need some advice, please.

Recently, my son and I have had some great results with an old Minolta MC SLR 50 on his Fuji XT-1, but the kit is big and front heavy and the generic adapter is OK but not a perfect fit. And, so... I would like to make improvements on all fronts with a few "M" mounted lenses on both an XT-1 and an XE-2s.
Thing is I'm a bit confused by the Fuji M adapter compatibility with some wider lenses. I have a CV 28 Ultron f2 M mount. According to Fuji, it is not compatible.
Questions. Is that because rear the lens opening is too wide causing issues at open apertures? Does the Rayqual solve the problem? I know it will mount the lens, but does it work well?
The other lense are Leica 50 and 90 Summicrons, so they should not pose any issues with either adapter.
Last thing. Does anyone have experience with Leica R Summicron 35 on Fuji? I have one of those as well. It would be even heavier than the Rokkor, but I could use a quality adapter.

I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks

"New question for an old thread" I need some advice, please.

Recently, my son and I have had some great results with an old Minolta MC SLR 50 on his Fuji XT-1, but the kit is big and front heavy and the generic adapter is OK but not a perfect fit. And, so... I would like to make improvements on all fronts with a few "M" mounted lenses on both an XT-1 and an XE-2s.
Thing is I'm a bit confused by the Fuji M adapter compatibility with some wider lenses. I have a CV 28 Ultron f2 M mount. According to Fuji, it is not compatible.
Questions. Is that because rear the lens opening is too wide causing issues at open apertures? Does the Rayqual solve the problem? I know it will mount the lens, but does it work well?
The other lense are Leica 50 and 90 Summicrons, so they should not pose any issues with either adapter.
Last thing. Does anyone have experience with Leica R Summicron 35 on Fuji? I have one of those as well. It would be even heavier than the Rokkor, but I could use a quality adapter.

I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks

The Fujji M to FX adapter has a narrow throat because of the electronics, which makes it incompatible with with many faster lenses. The Rayqual M to FX adapter has very little compatibility problems, and is compatible with all current Voigtlander M lenses.

Practically all SLR lenses will work well with a good adapter on FX bodies, providing its not one of the older designs requiring mirror lockup.

Best,
Stephen

Back