Reality So Subtle 6x9 film issue

ayalara72

Local time
10:55 PM
I recently bought a Reality So Subtle 6x9 camera. So far I shot two rolls but when I finished the roll, I notice it gets loose or is not light tight. I dont know if I am doing something wrong but I really don't like it since it may light leak the film. Does anybody have the same issue with this camera? Does anybody have a solution to keep the film light tight after exposing the entire roll?

Thanks,
Alberto Ayala

If you wedge a small piece of foam in between the film and the inside edge of the camera, it might create enough tension to keep the film tight on the spool. You could try this on both ends. Some cameras have springs or tension rollers that keep the film taunt. It shouldn't scratch the film because of the paper backing.

Alternatively, only open the camera in the dark or in a changing bag.

If you wedge a small piece of foam in between the film and the inside edge of the camera, it might create enough tension to keep the film tight on the spool. You could try this on both ends. Some cameras have springs or tension rollers that keep the film taunt. It shouldn't scratch the film because of the paper backing.

Alternatively, only open the camera in the dark or in a changing bag.

That's a good idea Larry. I remember doing that with a Holga and it solved a similar problem.

Back