RFF Meet Ups...any year, any Place in the World, post yours

helen.HH

A smile & a wink…
Local time
12:16 PM
7 Aug 2022:
Here in New Yawk @ the Astoria Beer Garden
four brave souls battled extreme heat humidity in between numerous torrential down pours
Silly ME wore black suede pumps and had to find ways to maneuver in between the puddles... Yes I know very girly !

Caught this before Security went after their Parents to make them stop jumping on the tables.
I was rather disappointed with security... I mean weren't You ever a kid just wanting too have some Fun,

When it Rains ... it Pours

by Helen Hill, on Flickr

Table talk, Gear Madness

by Helen Hill, on Flickr

Great idea Helen, nice to see RFF members for real, and shows how virtual connections can become tangible.
I hope others chip in. I've read so much of meets in Europe (which used to be an annual thing for a while), England (now that it's no longer part of Europe, apparently), Seattle, Tokyo, Sydney (in which I participate but have no pics).

Great idea Helen, nice to see RFF members for real, and shows how virtual connections can become tangible.
I hope others chip in. I've read so much of meets in Europe (which used to be an annual thing for a while), England (now that it's no longer part of Europe, apparently), Seattle, Tokyo, Sydney (in which I participate but have no pics).

Thanks Peter ~
Too bad You have no photos from your meet ups
So we are off to a slow start...
hopefully someone, somewhere will have some photos :)

otherwise a soon to be dead thread

Thanks Helen for this thread, refreshing to go back in time, nice to see others RFF friends.

This was taken in 2010 in Florence Italy, one of the first RFF Euromeeting.

RFF Euromeeting 2010 by robert, su Flickrby robert, su Flickr

Photo taken by my wife, I'm in the group :) those were good times!

Thanks Helen for this thread, refreshing to go back in time, nice to see others RFF friends.

This was taken in 2010 in Florence Italy, one of the first RFF Euromeeting.

RFF Euromeeting 2010 by robert, su Flickrby robert, su Flickr

Photo taken by my wife, I'm in the group :) those were good times!

Hello Robert
Great to hear from You

I can access your Flickr stream
but the link You posted 'Rff Euromeeting 2010' says it is Private ??
perhaps I am doing something wrong

Great post Helen! I feel so nostalgic now seeing these.

Here is a look back to 2011 here in Seattle at the Big Time Brewery on "The Ave."

Barnacks were still in style
Click image for larger version  Name:	2011 Barnack.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	4796724
The best RFF tat ever!
Click image for larger version  Name:	M3 tat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	4796725
Cheers!
Gary

7 Aug 2022:
Here in New Yawk @ the Astoria Beer Garden
four brave souls battled extreme heat humidity in between numerous torrential down pours
Silly ME wore black suede pumps and had to find ways to maneuver in between the puddles... Yes I know very girly !

Caught this before Security went after their Parents to make them stop jumping on the tables.
I was rather disappointed with security... I mean weren't You ever a kid just wanting too have some Fun,

When it Rains ... it Pours

by Helen Hill, on Flickr

Table Talk, Gear Madness

by Helen Hill, on Flickr

Helen, that was some crazy rain! I'm happy someone was photographing while we were just distracted by cameras. Yes these meetups can be gear crazy, like this time I was inspired by Cal's 'Gear Fest' to assemble something that later sat unsold as the most expensive Leica on eBay!

Franken Leica

Franken Leica

I'll dig around and post some old meetup Polaroid/Fuji instant pictures from Puck.

Man, I miss Puck Fair. Good Beers, a Great Table and the lightbulb! Thanks for the walk down memory lane Helen. I miss you all as well.

yes John, Good Times indeed !

Christian brought your Chile/Colour Book to the meet up
Fantastic, I loved it
Not only were the Photos Exceptional but the editing and layout superb
Great Eye !

Loved what Christian just posted of Puck Fair Memories...
Think Eric took a fab shot of You and the 'Bulb', will find and post later
Miss You !

Helen, time to splurge on yourself and buy some LL Bean "Duck Boots" !

haha on Me !!
I don't even own sneakers...
Yes I know, everyone does ,it's the rage. All too pedestrian for Me.

I run in the park in my Top siders, reminds me of growing up, being a private school brat.

seriously, I will take a peek at LL Bean Duck Boots ~ Thank You

Helen, that was some crazy rain! I'm happy someone was photographing while we were just distracted by cameras. Yes these meetups can be gear crazy, like this time I was inspired by Cal's 'Gear Fest' to assemble something that later sat unsold as the most expensive Leica on eBay!

I'll dig around and post some old meetup Polaroid/Fuji instant pictures from Puck.

A mere half a million...what's money, I'll take it.

Well Christian, or rather the Mad Dr. Frankenstein
which shall be your 'other' name known only to the few ...

really Love your Enthusiasm and sense of Invention !

Man, I miss Puck Fair. Good Beers, a Great Table and the lightbulb! Thanks for the walk down memory lane Helen. I miss you all as well.

John,

Remember the balcony that got condemned by the NYFD as being unsafe. That’s where we had the beauty contests all those years.

They don’t make dive bars like they use to.

Then there was the alley with the signs “Don’t Piss or Shit here: people live here.” You can’t make this stuff up.

Somehow I lost my old Avitar of the shot that had me decorated like a Christmas tree with cameras. I believe it was Phil’s idea.

Lots of good times and arguing. LOL.

Cal

Back