Ricoh/Pentax Announces New Film Cameras

Just a thought or two: imagine the reaction if Cosina had announced they were looking into producing a film camera or two and:-

Suppose they (Ricoh) came up with a modern version of the Ricohflex...

Regards, David

Now you're talking! Pentax never made a TLR. But I expect this will be some sort of SLR, rather than them breaking new ground with a twin lens or a rangefinder. (Though Ricoh made really good, distinctive TLRs and RFs.) Again, I won't spend much more time thinking about this until something more tangible emerges.

Now you're talking! Pentax never made a TLR. But I expect this will be some sort of SLR, rather than them breaking new ground with a twin lens or a rangefinder. (Though Ricoh made really good, distinctive TLRs and RFs.) Again, I won't spend much more time thinking about this until something more tangible emerges.

Man, this forum thread is hot! Here is the prototype image for the hybrid Pentax TLR with option digital and film backs! ;-). Again, where do I pre-order?!? ;-). SW
​​​​

Attachments

• photo120404.jpg
    photo120404.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1
Man, this forum thread is hot! Here is the prototype image for the hybrid Pentax TLR with option digital and film backs! ;-). Again, where do I pre-order?!? ;-). SW
​​​​

Okay, Steevo wins! He is hereby designated Head Trickster of RFF. I think I want this TLR even more than the Hello Kitty 67III. Maybe these don't exist, but they should, or maybe they do, in some ideal parallel universe...

Okay, Steevo wins! He is hereby designated Head Trickster of RFF. I think I want this TLR even more than the Hello Kitty 67III. Maybe these don't exist, but they should, or maybe they do, in some ideal parallel universe...

Retro Grouch.... Many thanks for the official designation! In all seriousness, I think a hybrid digital and analog backed tlr would be fantastic, although anything hello Kitty is highly desirable happy holidays! SW

And a few more.....I really like the lower right corner version! Hey, HEAD BARTENDER, can I get my own sticky thread?? ;-)

Attachments

• photo120406.png
    photo120406.png
    981.4 KB · Views: 1
A lot of dreamers here. Honestly, it will be a miracle if they can make anything more than a plastic camera with one shutter speed, much less recreate anything from its past. The answer is likely something inbetween and entirely new.

Hmmm, a sort of beefed up Cosmos symbol...

Regards, David

You know what -- Ricoh may be out there watching. If we like the form factor of Steevo's "creations" they'll use that as market research! (Maybe)

Back