Rumor: "Voigtlander is considering to start a new line of digital cameras"

10mm would be awesome, though I'm guessing that without a dual axis level, it could be tough. But easy on an M240 or 246, since that's built-in.

Dante

By the way ...

"Additionally Voigtländer will also release the new 10mm f/5,6 Hyper-Wide-Heliar with VM-Mount."

...and Sony should let Zeiss engineers design one of their camera models.
I think the Leica/Panasonic partnership (Leica Q forward) is a great partnership model within the industry, especially with regards to user interface design and the user experience of form and function in an imaging device.
It will be interesting to see how Voigtlander thinks a digital camera should look like and how it should perform.

I don't know that it would have to be 24MP, as some suggest, to be popular. If they could do a full-frame with framelines to 25mm, and a finder usable with eyeglasses, I could be happy with 12MP. I would value a pleasing image as much as a high-res one. And RD1 owners value even the 6MP image for its pleasing appearance, so I think that should be a high priority in a new model.

I did searches on the page you link, no mention of the Zeiss ZM 18 f4 Distagon, was it on another page?

That link shows the open mount concept. The same guy was an early reporter of A7r, before we all got one, he had one and reported ZM18 was good in 2013 Blog post. He confirmed this to me directly via twitter.

Was total BS, though maybe he did not know. He should though, having won a pulitzer. He's a great shooter, but he hyped.

...and Sony should let Zeiss engineers design one of their camera models.

What Zeiss engineers? There were no Zeiss engineers involved in the ZI cameras. The technology in them is Cosina Bessa, the looks were designed by the product designers Henssler&Schultheiss, Zeiss supplied the marketing, branding, lens schematics and a lens orvtwo ...

That link shows the open mount concept. The same guy was an early reporter of A7r, before we all got one, he had one and reported ZM18 was good in 2013 Blog post. He confirmed this to me directly via twitter.

Was total BS, though maybe he did not know. He should though, having won a pulitzer. He's a great shooter, but he hyped.

People often make a lot of assumptions. He should have known better or he was not picky.

What was the issue with the ZM18?

A Contax IVd

A Contax IVd

What about a Contax IVd
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57714&page=20
camera9_CS.jpg

Back