Sad News--Roger Hicks

I haven't been on the site for a long time, and so just find this very sad news.

I always looked forward to Roger. His knowledge, forcefulness, wit.

I look back on him with thanks.

Just read over on Photrio that Frances Schultz, Roger's wife, passed away yesterday. Figured I'd pass the news on.

Jim B.

Sad, I remember the good time my wife and I spent with Roger and Frances when we met in Arles. And the beautiful hand painted photos by Frances. RIP

Both brought a lot to the table

Both brought a lot to the table

Not only missed because of their talents and experience - but also what they were willing to share with the rest of us.

Roger and Francis were a wonderful team who seemed to really enjoy each other's company - a rarity in today's world after being happily together for so long.

Stephen

The world has lost a real class act. Just sad for us. They truly loved each other and shared life together.

I purchased a subscription to Roger & Frances years ago. Since I never took photography in HS or college I learned a wealth of info from the sight. I still remember reading the thrill Roger posted when he found the $15.00 fee in his PayPal. He was truly a simple man & will be missed.

i just learned of his passing today, on this site. i had been away for three years or so. roger was very kind to me more than 10 years ago when i was suffering a neuropathy that caused hand trembles, and affected my hand-held photography. he saw to it that i got a used full-size konica leaf shutter rangefinder that helped hugely to steady my shooting at that time. he was a fine man ...

Reactions: dct
AFAIK, Frances didn’t post much on Internet forums, but I have no doubt that we owe her a lot for the great educational resources she and Roger wrote together and in the content of Roger’s forum posts as well.

Back