Shooting Eastman (Double-X) 5222 in the Leica

Thank you Christine!

Double-X in the Leica M7 + F/2,5-75mm Summarit, L'viv, Ukraine:

https://flic.kr/p/228p5LK

38808768411_13cea05144_z.jpg

Thanks guys.

I've updated the links for the suppliers of Double-X. I've still got a couple of 400 foot rolls in the freezer and a roll of 5231.

Need to get back into the darkroom.

Thanks guys.

I've updated the links for the suppliers of Double-X. I've still got a couple of 400 foot rolls in the freezer and a roll of 5231.

Need to get back into the darkroom.

Thank you for keeping that resource alive! I remember looking up that site when I got my first bulk roll of Double-X. I'm shooting some ORWO N74+ now, but I should revisit Double-X again sometime.

Leica M5, Canon 50mm f/1.4 LTM, Eastman Double-X 5222, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 6 minutes.

2016.06.21 Roll #077-09940-positive.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Thank you for keeping that resource alive!
Yes!! Thank you so much!

I'm shooting some ORWO N74+ now, but I should revisit Double-X again sometime.
I’ve been shooting a lot of both recently. I don’t find them to be as similar as some people do, but I like them both very much. I should scan some of my 5222 stuff and post it.

Yes!! Thank you so much!

I’ve been shooting a lot of both recently. I don’t find them to be as similar as some people do, but I like them both very much. I should scan some of my 5222 stuff and post it.

I haven't shot enough ORWO N74+ to make a good comparison, but I think people mainly compare the two because they are both black and white cine films?

Leica M5, Canon 50mm f/1.4 LTM, Eastman Double-X 5222, developed in Compard R09 at 1+50 for 10 minutes.

2016.04.23 Roll #074_rescan-09979-positive.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Outdated XX Borax MQ Aristo #2 RC Multigrade dev by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing my Minolta XK, before it went to Essex (camera came back right before Katrina hit!) 85mm F1.7 MC Rokkor ADOX Borax MQ
Aristo #2 matte RC Multigrade developer. Modern Enlarging System blue LED Mod 2 head

Taken on some XX no doubt OLD; Dichroic fog level fairly high. With short ends you take what you can get. The dichroic fog does jack with the print contrast. Can't get real DMax out of it, but usuable :) This was shot in full key sun around the corner from Midwest Photo Exchange, when they were still on High St

My 400' roll arrived a week ago. I have 6 36 exposure rolls ready to test but sadly it will be a couple more weeks before I'll be able to get out and start snap shooting.

I quite like the glow around bright lights, halation presumably. Is it an inherent quality of 5222 (Double X) due to the Remjet coating being removed by Kodak for use in still photography?

I quite like the glow around bright lights, halation presumably. Is it an inherent quality of 5222 (Double X) due to the Remjet coating being removed by Kodak for use in still photography?

As far as I know, Double-X doesn't have any remjet to begin with. I don't know if it's an inherent quality of the film per se to have the glow around bright lights, but I did find that the highlights had less latitude than say Tri-X or HP5+.

Back