Washington (state) Shot on Film Store - Go Seattle!

K14

Well-known
Local time
5:43 PM
I gotta get online more often. :D The new or renewed store opened last week on Lake City Way, only film!

C41, E6, Black and White processing 120 and 135. Disc, Advantix, 126/127 and 110, Holy Feakin Toledo!:eek:

https://www.shotonfilmstore.com/

Their display cases are rad!

I can see a bunch of us meeting their and kibitzing about.

Analogue is alive and kicking again!

Cheers!

Gary

Never seen that before. That is really cool. If I lived in Seattle I'd be spending time there. Have fun.

Best,
-Tim

Thanks for the news and the link, Gary.

The only slide film they offer is Ektachrome, which is limited to 135. Nothing in 120.

Prices are a lot lower than Panda for film processing. Only one scanning option (flatbed for 120), though.

I trust Panda for my 120 E6. Do you think I would get the same quality of processing at this new place for less than half the price?

- Murray

I live in Lacey and most usually will only travel north on I-5 if it is a dire emergency. This seems to qualify. Looks interesting. I’ll go early-mid morning on a weekday, probably a Tuesday. Then after a visit and shooting of the bull, have lunch, pop a lorazepam, and head back home.

I live in Lacey and most usually will only travel north on I-5 if it is a dire emergency. This seems to qualify. Looks interesting. I’ll go early-mid morning on a weekday, probably a Tuesday. Then after a visit and shooting of the bull, have lunch, pop a lorazepam, and head back home.

Definitely one of the more enjoyable responses on this forum

I trust Panda for my 120 E6. Do you think I would get the same quality of processing at this new place for less than half the price?

Murray, I haven't tried but I'll tell you Kenmore Camera was my goto for 120 for years. Earlier this year their machine went belly-up. I asked a time frame for getting it fixed and they told me it's broke for good and have no plans for processing 120.

Seriously so I also shoot 110 so I've been sending all of my film to Blue Moon Camera & Machine down in Portland.

Given the range of formats they support it should be a good alternative. Only one way to find out. :D

Gary

looking at google maps street view (out of date) that address looks like a 12 foot wide store front, a regular hole on the wall type of location. Maybe not too many show up at once or we would spill into the street.
Wonder how parking is?

And hey! For the 110 camera fans it appears they have some Fukkatsu 110 in both B&W and color negative. Price is under $5 so it might be expired.

I find it great that a store opens for film users. I hope that other cities will do the same.

And hey! For the 110 camera fans it appears they have some Fukkatsu 110 in both B&W and color negative. Price is under $5 so it might be expired.

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered 10 rolls. Would be nice to try a 110 film that doesn't have light leaks like the Lomo film.

ATTENTION!

This store is amazing! No affiliation - just a fan:cool:
This store is better than Glazer's (for old used gear) and better than CameraTech's in Ballard-
Hundreds of film camera- no digital :eek:

Leicas
Canons (SLRs AND Rangefinders)
Pentax
TLRs
Yashica
Medium Format...and much more including film and processing

All the stuff you've seen only online or at a store 20 years ago. Not kidding-

BTW - it used to be in a very small spot - and just this month expanded to the next door (former pet store)

Go there immediately- you won't be disappointed.

Just up the pike (no pun intended) in Bellingham, Washington is Quicksilver Photo on Cornwall Avenue downtown. My understanding is that they are currently attempting to get (may already have) processing equipment for film. I will stop in there and find out more specifically. Quicksilver also stocks a limited selection of film and chemistry. They have never ceased to scan negatives and print, with a decent selection of papers. They do very good work.

David

+1 for Glazers!

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered 10 rolls. Would be nice to try a 110 film that doesn't have light leaks like the Lomo film.

Yes that's for sure! For some odd reason Lomo cartridges jam up in my Pentax cameras. Other cartridges like my expired Kodak and Fuji ones have no issues.

It's a great place, but treat the cameras there like those at a swap meet. Testing before sale is impractical - or at least not economical. The owner seems like a good guy and had no issue accepting a return when I had issues, but I'd put the shop a tier below Glazers or Kenmore from a reliability standpoint... but they make up for it in variety. Or rather, I think the other places can afford to be more selective about what they carry given their much smaller used camera offerings. There are occasional good deals as well if you spend enough time looking around the shelves.

Back