Darkroom printing lives
Local time
1:16 AM
8572660567_bb4229f9b6_c.jpg

Size: 11x14 inches
Paper: Adox MCP RC
Developer: Ilford PQ
Film: Konica Centuria 200
Notes: Two exposures with different Magenta filter settings. That is not a frame, that's an old contact frame to hold the print flat when I take a picture of it.

Your turn!

Ivan, these are gorgeous.
"Novice" my foot :)

Do you mind adding paper, development, size, etc.?
I'd like it for this thread to be educational as well as enjoyable.

Wow. Thanks man. Appreciate that.

Well I ended up getting a huge box of paper, and a bessler enlarger a few years back. Most of the paper is expired Ilford Multi-grade IV RC 8x10 paper. The developer is Ilford PQ universal which was/is fresh. IIRC, I used a grade 3 filter.

I need to get back in there soon. I like printing.

edit: One of the boxes of paper I got was a 100 sheets of 5x7. I practiced with this size in smaller trays for a few sessions before I got the bigger paper.

Last edited:
Mike, that is seriously nice.
I bet the real print has more details in the shadow areas than the scan suggests.

Mike, that is seriously nice.
I bet the real print has more details in the shadow areas than the scan suggests.

Thank you! It does look better on paper. It was taken on a rainy/cloudy day, so the contrast was actually manageable (just a litle more than than 5 zones), which is somewhat rare in Delhi...

15.5x15.5 Ilford Warmtone Fiber, matted for customer. "Deep in the Rockies", Hasselblad 501CM, 50mm FLE @F/11, ND filter, 1 minute exposure on Agfa APX-25, Rodinal 1+50.

iPhone pic of actual piece....

15.5x15.5 Ilford Warmtone Fiber, matted for customer. "Deep in the Rockies", Hasselblad 501CM, 50mm FLE @F/11, ND filter, 1 minute exposure on Agfa APX-25, Rodinal 1+50.

Nice image -- lovely clouds.

Nice thread and stuff guys! I am wondering how to show you some of my recently printed stuff since I don't have a digital camera around. I have printed more than 70 works since January as I am getting ready for a personal exhibition in a month. I'll try to figure out something, I would love to contribute in this thread :)

Regards,

Boris

Nice thread and stuff guys! I am wondering how to show you some of my recently printed stuff since I don't have a digital camera around. I have printed more than 70 works since January as I am getting ready for a personal exhibition in a month. I'll try to figure out something, I would love to contribute in this thread :)

Regards,

Boris

I use a simple HP office scanner (at work :eek:), since my experiments with digicam photos of prints never produced decent results (too contrasty, too little details), but having said that, the photos on this thread (including the iPhone one :eek:) are very good...

I give it a try with the ipad then and see how it's going to look like. Hard to scan them in the office (50x60 and 60x70)...

Regards,

Boris

Hucklesnuffery!
Master!!

Regards,

Boris

Boris,
Borrow a digital camera, I think one of your neighbors would have one.

I eagerly await your contributions.

The Force is strong with this one!
Copper toned.
Now that is something I've never tried.

Thanks! Copper toner is nice, since the longer you leave it in the more sepia it becomes so no need to buy two toners. I'll be trying a blue toner soon as I think it's more my style. :)

Back