Show me your latest darkroom prints

IMG_5700.jpg

The Koninginnebrug (Queen bridge) in Rotterdam, Netherlands. A silver gelatin print on Ilford Classic FB paper, taken with a Mamiya 645 ADFIII with the 45mm lens on Ilford Delta 400 film. This was my contribution to the current Print Swap round.

Menno

I bought this Spiratone enlarger a few years ago, perhaps out of guilt for having divested myself of all darkroom stuff around 2010, it was in the box and appeared in good condition, and there it stayed until this month. It didn't have a lens, and more problematic, it didn't have the condenser, something I didn't know when I bought it. I was extremely lucky to find the bottom half of the same light housing on ebay, complete with condenser, for a mere $15. And I'm sure the seller was glad to be rid of such an odd piece. Prying the condenser apart to clean the glass was an ordeal, but I got it all back together and working.

Spiratone Enlarger Test by Berang Berang, on Flickr

I had a few rolls of Kentmere 400 I shot in 2017 and never developed, so processed those. I got a pack of Fomatone paper, and picked up the chemicals locally. I wasn't being particularly fastidious since I just wanted to test the enlarger and fix any issues.

moto 1 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

moto 2 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Did a test strip, then several prints (they were all shot/exposed the same) using the same settings. Looks like it works!

Back