show us your Retina!

Plungefrog

Local time
5:45 AM
I couldn't find a 'show us' thread on this forum so I thought I'd start one. I'll start us off with my recently-acquired IIIS.

Attachments

• IIIS2.jpg
    IIIS2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
My Retina Ia:

P1020282.JPG

P1020281.JPG

Here is my latest Retina, a Retina IIIS. It has wear on it which you don't usually don't see on a IIIS, but this one works perfectly and only cost me $39.00! I love the classic looks of this camera, and I love the way it handles.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_4512a.jpg
    IMG_4512a.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
Here is my latest Retina, a Retina IIIS. It has wear on it which you don't usually don't see on a IIIS, but this one works perfectly and only cost me $39.00! I love the classic looks of this camera, and I love the way it handles.

Andy

I got one of these years ago, mainly based on Mr. Gandy's very thorough and favorable writeup at his site. A most impressive camera -- and you got a tremendous deal! The IIIS is a very different animal from the folding Retinas, and certainly gains size and weight along the way. But the added benefits more than make up for that.

Another one of my IIIS, this time with the 50mm f1.9 Xenon. It does make the camera bigger and heavier but I actually prefer the handling compared to the usual f2.8 Xenar with the focus tab, despite the intrusion in to the viewfinder. Perhaps it's just me...

Attachments

• IIIS1b.jpg
    IIIS1b.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi everyone!

Here's my grandfather's Retina IIIC.

Only problem with this jewel is, dusty VF and slower than normal on slow shutter speeds.

EYmgVcX.jpg

Too many retinas?

Too many retinas?

I've been collecting and using Retinas for years, after finding my dad's old Retina II. It still had film in it and when I had it developed, I found out my dad had a passion for nude photography. I've been hooked ever since. I just purchased my last (?) Retina, a Reflex S for $38 on mybay.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1
Not sure what the model number is, but I always considered this my first 'real' camera. My sister has it down in Perth now.

Hey y'all, I've been a member here for sometime. I rarely post as I haven't had a rangefinder in sometime, but I've now acquired 4 rangefinders this year :)

I picked this beauty up last month. Fully functional (including meter), and it has somewhat rare and #s matching Rodenstock Retina-Heligon.

_IGP3701web.jpg

I've been collecting and using Retinas for years, after finding my dad's old Retina II. It still had film in it and when I had it developed, I found out my dad had a passion for nude photography. I've been hooked ever since. I just purchased my last (?) Retina, a Reflex S for $38 on mybay.

Your mother, or not your mother, still awkward.:eek:

Back