Show your photos from a vintage folder

Hold the Mayo.....

51444318146_f6229b86c8_o.jpg

Zeiss "Super" Ikonta 531A

At the top of this thread, there appears a note that says:

HOF CONSIDERATIONS

Just a heads up

If you would like your photos to be considered for the HOF, they should not have borders. Borders may be good for print. But, on any gallery site, when showing multiple images on one page with borders, they make the spacing look off an unbalanced.

What is an HOF? Never saw that acronym before...

G

Hall of Fame.

Ah, thanks.

Presuming that we consider the Kodak Retina IIIc a 'vintage folder', this is new work I posted to Flickr yesterday:

Saturday Morning by the Cafe - San Jose 2021
Kodak Retina IIIc
Ilford HP5 @ ISO 100
Two frame stitch

Enjoy! G

i gave my vintage ( ? 1935) Voigtlander BESSA 66 another outing -- had got inside the rear lens and cleaned the 'haze' through to the front element as well -- then for some reason results did not seem as 'good' as before, when it was 'Hazy' -- so I just unscrewed the rear element again and checked -- it was in properly. I loaded and outdated Konica Centuria 400 120 film from the huge stash i got via Son's of my Deceased Old Friend, rated it 160 ASA and hoe-processed in C41 and scanned with CANON 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro +FastStone Image Viewer. It has a 75mm f3.5 'VOIGTAR' lens which I used at f6.3 and for close-ups f11
BESSA 66 : test after lens cleaning 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
BESSA 66 : test after lens cleaning 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
BESSA 66 : Test after lens cleaning 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
BESSA 66 : Test after lens cleaning 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I organised a trip to Canterbury, KENT ( England) for members of Brentwood & District Photographic Club and besides taking my Canon EOS 300v for 35mm B&W I took my 1956 AGFA ISOLETTE III with 75mm f3.5 SOLINAR loaded with outdated Konica VX 400 Super -- I took photos at full aperture inside the Cathedral hand-held and got great results !
Isolette Canterbury 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Isolette Canterbury 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Isolette Canterbury 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Isolette Canterbury 07 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Isolette Canterbury 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Father was a Doctor in a MASH unit Prisoner of War camp in India for a while in 1943. Have a whole album of images of the camp and the Himalayas that he took. The negatives I have are huge and rectangular, since I use 120 roll film, to get them in the enlarger I have had to cut them down, more height than length. Not worth me making or buying a 5x4 carrier for the enlarger.
This is an image of a Holy Man that Father came across, somewhere up in the Himalayas when climbing.
The exposure to get this print is just over a minute at F5.6 never ever have I had to expose for that long before.

023FCB3F-FC93-483A-BF13-85EC06E2123F by james purves, on Flickr

Daughter Margarita.
Iskra-2 soviet 6x6 folder + Kodak Ektar 100.
Daughter Margarita.
Iskra-2 soviet 6x6 folder + Kodak Ektar 100.

Attachments

• photo114643.jpg
    photo114643.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 4
Back