Silent Thunder Ordnance: source for quality XPan replacement lens hoods & body caps

james.liam

Well-known
Local time
12:19 AM
Silent Thunder Ordnance: source for quality XPan replacement lens hoods & body caps

I've stumbled across a source for very high quality 3-D printed lens hoods and body caps made in the US, by this company; they sell all sorts of interesting items for hunters, outdoor, camping and other items that defy simple categories. The lens hood even comes with a hood cap that fits snugly into the hood, something the original never did. Depending upon the material, cost is $32 for the body cap and either $42 or $52 for the lens hood. It all fits snugly onto the camera components. Considering used OEM's go for big bucks nowadays when you lose or break the ones you have, they are a must for any XPan or Fujifilm TX shooter.

(ignore the link below and click on the ones above)

Considering used OEM's go for big bucks nowadays when you lose or break the ones you have, they are a must for any XPan or Fujifilm TX shooter.

I can confirm their quality. I am using a lenshood from them on my 45mm lens for quite a while and it is still ok. I especially like the front cap which comes with it, since it sets into the hood and you don't have to take off the hood every time you want to cap the lens.

Back