Sinar Norma 8x10 Telephoto Field

Twin Lens 4x5 Sinar Norma 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This was fun to configure and will be useful for 4x5 portraiture. This time it's two 240mm Sinar Symmars, yes I know one is forward mounted so they are different. Looking around I have a pair of matching 240mm Schneider barrel chrome f4.5 Xenars. May have to cut some boards but that to me is a perfect choice for 4x5. The bottom 4x5 Norma still needs a bit of work but getting there. It came recently from KEH

Will have to learn how to use this. Sinar Norma promoted this as super speedy. Look through the bottom and pop it and see it on the glass. Will be fun

Dan,

Twin lens 4x5. A mucho crazy idea, but I can see the speed enhancement.

The end of the Cold War was a time to be greedy and load up the truck.

Kinda funny that I built a bass amp that is a clone of an Ampeg Portaflex except 80 watts using lots of surplused/thrown out parts. I have a CNC'ed anodized Grumman logo that I am using to name the amp.

"Maggie" thinks it funny and calls the amp "The Grumman." Looks like a black-box.

Cal

Sinar Norma 4x5 TLR Matching 210 Xenar Barrel Lenses by Nokton48, on Flickr

I decided to finish the 4x5 Sinar Norma TLR today. I found a couple of old boards with mickey mouse automation, I removed all of that. Then I cut large holes with my electric scroll saw, and finished with a good deal of hand filing. I just need to fill some holes with JB Weld. So now here two perfectly matching 240mm Schneider chrome Xenar f4.5 barrel lenses, should be great for portraiture. I exchanged the Black Binocular modern reflex magnifier on the back, with the original Norma Rubber Bellows, and the uber rare Norma Reflex Magnifier, which is quite small and I prefer it to modern Boxy Reflex Sinar.

So now I am ready to learn more about how this works. Testing looking through the camera went well, ready to go

Sinar Norma 4x5 TLR Matching 210 Xenar Barrel Lenses by Nokton48, on Flickr

I decided to finish the 4x5 Sinar Norma TLR today. I found a couple of old boards with mickey mouse automation, I removed all of that. Then I cut large holes with my electric scroll saw, and finished with a good deal of hand filing. I just need to fill some holes with JB Weld. So now here two perfectly matching 240mm Schneider chrome Xenar f4.5 barrel lenses, should be great for portraiture. I exchanged the Black Binocular modern reflex magnifier on the back, with the original Norma Rubber Bellows, and the uber rare Norma Reflex Magnifier, which is quite small and I prefer it to modern Boxy Reflex Sinar.

So now I am ready to learn more about how this works. Testing looking through the camera went well, ready to go

Dan,

That is a cool rig.

Cal

Norma Instant Operation by Nokton48, on Flickr

Hey Cal,

I'm like a kid playing with my box of incredibly expensive tinker toys, building all kinds of interesting rigs. Why not?

From "Sinar- the perfect tool for the professional photographer" Karl Heitz 1964.

I have built the camera on the bottom left. They would configure the camera for you at the factory; Wonder how they embellished it?

Norma Instant Operation by Nokton48, on Flickr

Hey Cal,

I'm like a kid playing with my box of incredibly expensive tinker toys, building all kinds of interesting rigs. Why not?

From "Sinar- the perfect tool for the professional photographer" Karl Heitz 1964.

I have built the camera on the bottom left. They would configure the camera for you at the factory; Wonder how they embellished it?

Dan,

I went to see "Dunkirk" in 70mm in surround sound. To an effect this is what you did to 4x5 to heighten the experience.

Cal

Highest Speed 4x5 Norma 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here's the reverse view. I added a Norma Rubber Hood, Norma Long Bellows Rod, and Norma Filter Holder with 108mm yellow glass. So pretty much like it came right out of the Norma brochure. Was fun to put together. Some old things need fixing and I like working with my hands.

Dan,

I think I will be using the Linhof Color Kardan to make a copy stand that will exploit my SL2, Nikon 55 Macro, and GePe cold light source.

The camera known as the "Devil Christian made from one of the standards from a Color Kardan is ready for film and has a Linhof Select 90/8.0 SA.

I have it set at 2 meters focus to shoot a 28mm FOV like I would a Leica.

The 4x5 negatives can be digitized and then I can print digital negatives that are contrast corrected for contact printing using Piezography Pro.

Cal

Back