Site migration status and updates

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
7:57 PM
If you are reading this, you are visiting the new version of RFF .

We understand with all things new there will be complications and frustration. The goal is to make the experience more enjoyable and do away with the horrible sluggish performance of the past server. Having said that, here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. You will need to request a password reset. Sorry but that's the case. We moved from vbulletin to xenforo and the version of the migration did not support the password move.
  2. The gallery and Classifieds are working. But, there are improvements and changes coming. So be patient. Complain if you want but it is what it is for now. Regardless, it will be better than the previous experience and eventually, we will be back on track to a nice robust gallery and classifieds.
  3. Any serious issues should be reported in this thread. Please don't report cosmetic or personal preference disagreements. They do not impact the performance and functionality of the site which is what we are focused on for now.
  4. I will be performing various backups and copies which will at time impact response times. But only for a minute or two.
  5. If you like a dark theme or a light theme, at least that is available at the bottom left of the pages. Its the only consolation prize for now.

Hang tight and become familiar with the new software layout and features.

JT

Last edited:
Just a heads up. I will have to tune apache after we get some real loads on the system. So it may slow down but its expected in order to get a baseline and metrics.

Thanks for the update. I know the Gallery is a work in progress, but I do not see any pictures, just a list of items in blue text prefixed with hollow bullets.

I like the new look because it has more contrast.

MP,

I had to reset my password twice. The first time did not take. Not sure if it was me. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Mucho great. Many improvements. Thanks so much. The previous site was painful and awkward.

Thanks again.

Cal

I tried to reset my password a half-dozen times but I never got the email (and yes I did check my junk/spam folder). So I had to re-register as VinceLupo instead of Vince Lupo. I'm hoping there's a way to be able to go back to my original account.

I just went through this process and it worked like a charm, first try.
Loving this new site ! Thanks for all your efforts MP Guy :D

Amazed that the first part of the migration was so speedy. Safari/iOS required me to log in multiple times. Two-factor authentication seems to be working.

As with Vince Lupo I had to register again under a new name as the email I originally used to register with was with a company that does not exist any more, so I cannot access my own gallery.
Like Vince I hope there may be some way of going back to my old name and account.
Site looks good.
Thanks, Mark

So far, so good! Password reset was smooth and simple. Most importantly, I am thrilled to log in and just use the site without being locked out. Many, many thanks!

Back