Site migration status and updates

If you are reading this, you are visiting the new version of RFF .

We understand with all things new there will be complications and frustration. The goal is to make the experience more enjoyable and do away with the horrible sluggish performance of the past server. Having said that, here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. You will need to request a password reset. Sorry but that's the case. We moved from vbulletin to xenforo and the version of the migration did not support the password move.
  2. The gallery and Classifieds are working. But, there are improvements and changes coming. So be patient. Complain if you want but it is what it is for now. Regardless, it will be better than the previous experience and eventually, we will be back on track to a nice robust gallery and classifieds.
  3. Any serious issues should be reported in this thread. Please don't report cosmetic or personal preference disagreements. They do not impact the performance and functionality of the site which is what we are focused on for now.
  4. I will be performing various backups and copies which will at time impact response times. But only for a minute or two.
  5. If you like a dark theme or a light theme, at least that is available at the bottom left of the pages. Its the only consolation prize for now.

Hang tight and become familiar with the new software layout and features.

JT
Haven’t been here in awhile. Yea had to get a new password. Site looks different but cool with it.

I did some tests last weekend with my gallery and (old) posts linked to it: Seems to work for most of mine. Not all. I don't know the different behavior.

Links not working, 2 different examples:
Link to old post
--> Wrong/old link to gallery in this post
--> This would be the correct one, I suppose

Link to old post
--> Image link appears as text-only-image inline. Without URL! Cannot be clicked, last example: SML_U41720I1307096436.SEQ.0.jpg
--> But the image # in the thread is correct, though just an image, not text. Changing the prefix SML to new MED works). Here is the correct link, made manually by me using the text-only information of this specific case

Maybe this further information gives you some hints for a bulk correction.
Thank you anyway for all your effort up to now: The speed-up of the forum is a BIG WIN!
@MP Guy

any news on these linkage problems?

Back