Site migration status and updates

Okay, the site is so much more snappier than before, so Thank You for that.

Here is an issue I'm having. I tried to log in a few days ago after the changeover and was locked out until I did the forgot password/reset password thing where you wait for an email then link and reset your password. I'm now logged in with the new password (same account name, new password). I posted an ad in Classifieds and when folks respond to the ad by sending me a PM (I guess that's what its called) I don't get any kind of indication on this site that I have been sent a PM. I got an email saying I "received a new message" but my little envelope mailbox here on the site says "You have no recent conversations." When I click on the link in the email, I go to a "Timmyjoe Message Inbox" and can see the message. Am I missing something here? I thought it used to be, when someone PM'd you, it showed up in the little envelope icon as a new conversation.

Best,
-Tim

Xenforo private messages are called "conversations."

The classified site doesn't run on Xenforo, it has a separate login. Perhaps that's what is causing the confusion, @Timmyjoe

I am still unable to log in as Dogman. Site doesn't recognize my Dogman password nor does it respond to my requests to reset it. Any ideas?

Thank you to the team for keeping this place running, your efforts are really appreciated, thank you

Thank you for updating the site software!

Is there a setting to view the last page of a thread by default? This would make catching up on the latest posts more convenient. Thank you.

Thank you for all of your hard work. I had no problems moving over. The only thing I have noticed is that the links from google searches are not working.

Great Job! MP Guy. I was able to reset my password and get on no problem this morning. Site looks fantastic and should work well based on other sites I've used using the same software.
Keep up the good work! I'm sure I'll be visiting more often now that it works soooo much smoother.

All who have had no email from password reset, can you try again and post here if it worked ?

It may take some time for our changes but just curious if its working yet

Thank you for all of your hard work. I had no problems moving over. The only thing I have noticed is that the links from google searches are not working.
i will work on that

I didn't get an email until I pressed the 'RESET' button on the page that said my username was already being used, at least I think that was the page. Once I slowed down and actually read what the screen was saying it worked no problem. (y)

Still no response to my password reset request.

Should email address be the original email I used to set up the account or should it be the new gmail account?

After some minor experimentation including after asking for a password reset etc. I'm now back under my original user name from ages ago. There is however a minor glitch with the Captcha system in that it asks for things using American parlance ('ladybug' instead of the Standard/British English 'ladybird' in my case) which may confuse those not familiar with the differences between the various forms of English - that however isn't an RFF problem. The new version of the Forum all looks very good and thanks for all the hard work that has been done and I'll enjoy visiting much more often again.

After some minor experimentation including after asking for a password reset etc. I'm now back under my original user name from ages ago. There is however a minor glitch with the Captcha system in that it asks for things using American parlance ('ladybug' instead of the Standard/British English 'ladybird' in my case) which may confuse those not familiar with the differences between the various forms of English - that however isn't an RFF problem. The new version of the Forum all looks very good and thanks for all the hard work that has been done and I'll enjoy visiting much more often again.
That's why on all Captcha's they supply an example image at the top in case there is an issue with vernacular.

PF

When clicking forgot my password, i get the email, but the email is telling me to log in with my new account and not my old one.

I did the "forgot password" thing, and the forum is working as well as the other forums I'm on. I'm yet to try posting photos though. I presume it's the same as on the last version?

The gallery doesn't run on Xenforo, that's a separate login.

To upload to the main forum, just drag and drop into the text entry window.

Make sure the 'Toggle BB Code' option is disabled - the brackets above the text entry window [ ]

Not sure the max size settings. If the image is too large (pixel wise) it will be reduced, i.e., if the max setting in the admin is set to 1200 pixels on the longest side, if you upload an image that is 1600 pixels it will be reduced to 1200 pixels.

Also there is a max file size limit too.

@MP Guy can you share what these attachment settings are? Should be at

rangefinderforum .com/admin.php?options/groups/attachments/

johnplymouth.jpg

Last edited:
Back