Site migration status and updates

Hello,

Somehow my 'Custom Title' (the blurb under the avatar?) changed

to: Active member ( Twin Lens Reflexer)

Would someone either change it back to Active member or let me know how to do it?

Thank you

Allow 'Custom Title' changes please - (the blurb under our avatars).
Yay! You guys (@MP Guy and @splitimageview) and anyone else who got the 'Custom title' field to work are awesome!

It is editable under your "Account details" page (just above the 'Date of birth:' field)

Thanks for the quick response!

Last edited:
I’ve tried to open a forum page from several external links, as well as from links inside the forum referencing other pages on the forum and I get the ,”Oops, something went wrong messages”.

I've pretty much been a lurker for quite some time now but I couldn't get the password reset to work. I kept getting this message after trying all of my forum email accounts. :(
1674614992165.png

You can change my name back to West if it's a simple thing, otherwise West 1 is fine.

edit: Many thanks (y)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for recovering my gallery, really appreciate it.
I hesitate to mention this, but every other option under the gallery header gives error 404, ie photos with comments or photos I commented on. I only mention this in the spirit of giving feedback that I hope is helpful.
I think you are doing a fantastic job and I find the new rff much nicer to use, thank you again, Mark

I did some tests last weekend with my gallery and (old) posts linked to it: Seems to work for most of mine. Not all. I don't know the different behavior.

Links not working, 2 different examples:
Link to old post
--> Wrong/old link to gallery in this post
--> This would be the correct one, I suppose

Link to old post
--> Image link appears as text-only-image inline. Without URL! Cannot be clicked, last example: SML_U41720I1307096436.SEQ.0.jpg
--> But the image # in the thread is correct, though just an image, not text. Changing the prefix SML to new MED works). Here is the correct link, made manually by me using the text-only information of this specific case

Maybe this further information gives you some hints for a bulk correction.
Thank you anyway for all your effort up to now: The speed-up of the forum is a BIG WIN!

The issue of referral links was already mentioned, it would be great if those still worked correctly. RFF has so many backlinks from external sources, and so many cross references from within. Those are very valuable not only for SEO purposes, but also for the usability of the site. It would be very beneficial if those could be migrated (though many links had already died after the previous migration).

Another issue I found is that currently, references to files (i.e., images) uploaded to the RFF server seem to be dead. Images from a recent post of mine are only visible as a preview, the actual image file cannot be accessed.
Let's see your Leica M

Sorry if none of these are new discoveries, I can't read the whole thread before posting. Many thanks to those who put in what I assume are countless hours to improve this forum. Much appreciated.

Reactions: dct
I’ve tried to open a forum page from several external links, as well as from links inside the forum referencing other pages on the forum and I get the ,”Oops, something went wrong messages”.

The issue of referral links was already mentioned, it would be great if those still worked correctly.

Referral links should be working for the most part.

I.e., a google search for "leica m2 rapidwinder site:rangefinderforum.com" will provide a list of links, clicking a link should now properly redirect to the thread on the new site.

Gallery redirects are @MP Guy 's domain, I can't help with that. ;)

Back