Sold a print today!

Mudman

Well-known
Local time
8:44 PM
c3243d08999586f8bd0dfa62997a78c5.jpg

With Covid-19, work has been a bit glacial to say the least. Not many events to cover, if any. It is a bit depressing to be honest. I feel like the man selling buggy whips as automobiles took over.

But it has also given me time to do personal photography and not feel creatively drained by taking photos for others 6-7 days a week. I took this on a morning walk today with an elmar 5cm ltm from 1940 on my m240. Not a lens I would use for clients generally. It has been fun to mess around with some of my more collector and film gear again.

When I shared this on social media, this was apparently the go to calming photo for an acquaintance to enjoy today, they just kept coming back to it. So they bought a framed 8x12. Its not much, certainly does not make up for all of the cancelled/postponed weddings and such, but it felt nice to have some of my personal work enjoyed and move someone so much. I will take the validation during a financially difficult time for my business.

TLDR: it is nice when someone just enjoys the art that you put out into the world.

Sorry, I had a senior moment that - you are in Saratoga, not Sarasota!

I've spent a little time in Upstate, NY - noticed it had more still pretty wild and remote places than I had expected - Adirondacks and such. Sort of ancient mysterious natural beauty there.

Sorry, I had a senior moment that - you are in Saratoga, not Sarasota!

I've spent a little time in Upstate, NY - noticed it had more still pretty wild and remote places than I had expected - Adirondacks and such. Sort of ancient mysterious natural beauty there.

a9c2a581d2d84021129cee12c43221a5.jpg

Yeah I live in farm country. Beautiful place to be!

With all the crap going on-COVID-19, riots, looting and bad weather, sometime you just want quiet and peaceful to look at....

Good shot by the way.

c3243d08999586f8bd0dfa62997a78c5.jpg

With Covid-19, work has been a bit glacial to say the least. Not many events to cover, if any. It is a bit depressing to be honest. I feel like the man selling buggy whips as automobiles took over.

But it has also given me time to do personal photography and not feel creatively drained by taking photos for others 6-7 days a week. I took this on a morning walk today with an elmar 5cm ltm from 1940 on my m240. Not a lens I would use for clients generally. It has been fun to mess around with some of my more collector and film gear again.

When I shared this on social media, this was apparently the go to calming photo for an acquaintance to enjoy today, they just kept coming back to it. So they bought a framed 8x12. Its not much, certainly does not make up for all of the cancelled/postponed weddings and such, but it felt nice to have some of my personal work enjoyed and move someone so much. I will take the validation during a financially difficult time for my business.

TLDR: it is nice when someone just enjoys the art that you put out into the world.

Thanks! And yes. I feel lucky to be in the country and a bit isolated here. Though there are plenty of protests and idiocy as well.

Back