Some photos from my CC

Jeremy Z

Well-known
Local time
7:35 AM
I got my Electro 35 CC and gave it a couple shake-down rolls of Fomapan 100 this past weekend. I'ts not 100% right, but it is good enough that I just sent it off to Mark Hama for a CLA.

Points of interest:

• It has a two-bladed aperture, for example, which gives really ugly flare. Looks like a peg punch-out hole for hanging products for display at stores.
  • The winding and focusing action are not as smooth either.
  • It is notably more compact; enough so that I have to move my right hand to make clearance for focusing.
  • Despite the above, I like the camera a lot, for its 35/1.8 lens. It's much more all-around useful than the more typical 45 mm. I DID notice that when I wanted a tight people picture, I had to get closer, but the rest of the time, 35 mm was better.

Here are a few pix. A few of them took quite a lot of post-processing just to make them acceptable. (since the metering/shutter speeds aren't quite right)

1)
48752758761_66c64a7765_c.jpg
[/url]Grant Park, Chicago by Jeremy Zorns, on Flickr[/IMG]​

2)
48752949862_a7b871c123_c.jpg
[/url]Granta Park, Chicago by Jeremy Zorns, on Flickr[/IMG]​

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)
P9161613_2 by Jeremy Zorns, on Flickr​

10)

11)

12)

Thank you for posting!
I have no experience with Yashica 35CC, but from your photos I can see the lens is sharp, contrast is good. Did you use lens hood?
Would be interested to see more photos, also in color. Keep posting!

Thank you for posting!
I have no experience with Yashica 35CC, but from your photos I can see the lens is sharp, contrast is good. Did you use lens hood?
No, but I sure will in the future, since the lens flare is so ugly. (see Pic #6) I had an orange filter on it for the pix above.

Would be interested to see more photos, also in color. Keep posting!
I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot color film. I got back into film to shoot B&W and develop & scan it myself. However, I have a roll of color film negatives to pick up at lunch today, which I will scan tonight. If it looks notably better (grain, colors) than my recent digital shooting, I may shoot more of it. I don't want to get into C41 processing at home, but it's only $4 for develop only at my local shop.

Looks good, Jeremy. I never thought I'd like shooting with a 35mm rangefinder all the time, but the CC proved me wrong. I have to force myself now to change lenses on my other cameras.

PF

Back