Sony RX1R II announced

Well then there is that!
At 35mm and 42mp, cropping down to 50mm pretty much makes this more versatile than a 24mp 50mm version I was hoping to see. (Leica)
If the evf is usable Sony may have just knocked one over the cheap seats.
Wonder what sort of crop modes it has built in?

It still sure looks small for handling purposes.

I have the RX1r, love that camera. I'm also curious how the viewfinder will work. I don't see myself upgrading as I love the files from the RX1r but this is indeed an interesting camera. I do wish the RX1r had a remote app for firing the shutter without a cable. And a tilt screen!!

Holy cr*p...this is the camera I've been waiting for!

True 35mm fov (no distortion from 23mm lenses "seeing" 35mm), Zeiss f2 lens, AND...a built-in EVF that folds away (a la RX100III).

It's a little bigger, but this is the modern Contax T3, but better...faster lens, more resolution, Sony-quality video.

I might just sell my M9.

If the AF has been improved, this is certainly an interesting upgrade from the original RX1R even at this price.

anyone else fear how freaking long we will wait on downloading 100 42mp pictures to lightroom? i only have so much time left on earth you know! ):

Trust me, with the original RX1R's low light capability, you don't need a flash, unless you're going all "Gilden".

Trust me, with the original RX1R's low light capability, you don't need a flash, unless you're going all "Gilden".

They are nice in daylight those wee flashes.

I swtched to Fuji XE1's to cover second camera (candids) at events.
Those little tiltable flashes are so handy when the daylight is messing with you! ;)

Also, if they've resolved the auto zoom "feature" during focus peaking, I may be kicking myself. The RX1R is possibly the best digital camera I've owned.

They are nice in daylight those wee flashes.

I swtched to Fuji XE1's to cover second camera (candids) at events.
Those little tiltable flashes are so handy when the daylight is messing with you! ;)

With 14 stop dynamic range and high ISO performance of this sensor, you can 'open' the shadows as much as you like in your preferred RAW processor without encountering any noise.

With 14 stop dynamic range and high ISO performance of this sensor, you can 'open' the shadows as much as you like in your preferred RAW processor without encountering any noise.

Noise is one thing. That HDR look from over reaching DR is another :eek:

Sony!

Sony!

This is really nice news to read. Apparently there are designers at Sony who had the knowledge and care to produce the wonderful RX1 and while it hasn't brought them returns that the A7 cameras have, it's nice to see them develop this line.

I find the fill flash nice to have handy as a build-in and personally prefer they keep the overall camera size down offering EVF but not in addition to built-in flash.

David

Hmm...where did the onboard flash go? :bang:
Looking at the images, it's not clear whether you could even mount a tiny flash like the HVFL20M if the EVF is popped up..

By the way, I really like the HVFL20M on my NEX-6 when the 10-18 or 18-105 is mounted. Completely covers them both at all focal lengths without shading..

Not a fan of these pop up EVFs... they do not stay in place when your eye rests against it. They don't lock in place.

Back