Summarit Disassembly- Help Needed.

This is called - summarit sidassembly - and that is what I wanted to do - in order to clean the internal lens surfaces.

Trying to separate out from the many posts the actual process - and actually do it - I found that you end up with simply - the optical unit - and the focus unit.

There are no instructions here for doing anything more.

If you go and look at the summilux info referred to it is not clear if the optical unit unscrews in the same way (that is the very first question asked in this post and is immediately answered with yes it DID - then we are told oh actually no it doesn't you need to use a trick (which you do..)

Then as I say nothing beyond that then we are off into discussing Xenons etc.

Would it be possible years on now for anyone who actually knows how to access the inner lens surfaces to show step by step how - clearly.

I have now put back together the optical and focussing units - and view it as a pointless exercise! I tried to 'unscrew' the front element and it does not move. It is suggested above we need a leather wrench? and pictures will be posted..

Please can anyone help and then post it in a separate link so that this confusing saga can then be avoided - as it leads nowhere!

Apologies if I missed something.. but it is still true that some clarity is needed!

........you end up with simply - the optical unit - and the focus unit.

There are no instructions here for doing anything more.

you're right, the show must go on :D

dissassembly_summarit.jpg

If you're missing the aperture click bearing on your Summarit, I found mine here:
lens_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back