Super Ikonta 530/15

KoNickon

Nick Merritt
Local time
2:58 AM
Someone not far from me has one of these for sale. Looks to be in decent shape, with case/strap in good shape. Says it's been in storage since 1965, so caveat emptor I guess. His asking price of $280 seems high for an "obsolete" camera, but nonetheless it's a Super Ikonta with a Tessar, albeit uncoated.

This is one of the D size Ikontas, prewar, 6 exposures on 616 film. There are available online spacers to enable 120 film to be used in cameras for 616; has anyone used these? They enable the film and spools to fit properly, but you have to watch the spacing since this is a wider negative. But I am curious to know how well these work.

Agree with johannielscom. Buy a Ikonta C if you want a big 120 negative. You might pay a little more for a real nice one but better than the D with obsolete film. Make sure you check out all the C variations.

Agree, and who knows what sort of working condition it's in. I have a Moskva-4, which looks basically the same, 6x9 on 120; nice camera. But the idea of an adaptor for 120 on a 616 camera is very appealing, though. It could be used on some of the Kodak 616 folding cameras also.

Hello
I recently bought a Brownie Target Six-16 and bought the adapters to use 120 from e-bay and with a little sanding off the burrs from the printing and adjusting the tabs I took 6 photos sized 6X11.

Check the thread linked here for photos I took and the spacing, there are also links in the thread explaining the winding of the film to space the film if you can not see the frame numbers on the camera

Don

https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/616-adapter.5525712/

Thanks, all! I agree, it's just easier to get a prewar 120 Ikonta. I have a prewar Nettar that takes fine pictures -- the triplet lenses work quite well, I find. But it's good to know these adaptors work well, and the spacing of the exposures sounds like the trickiest part.

Back