Taiwan Photo Labs

Gary E

Well-known
Local time
6:31 AM
I will be traveling to Taiwan for several months this year but don't want to bring rolls of unprocessed film back. Can any one in Taiwan recommend a photo lab for E-6 in 35mm and 120? Also, if they develop B&W too, that would be nice. Pro or non-Pro is OK.

I will bring a load of E-6 film and some B&W. But as I understand it Fuji only imports a limited selection of their films. Are there any good shops with a good selection? Refrigerated is preferred. I kind of know about the Photo Way they have in Taiwan where the majority of camera shops are located. Should I start there?

Thanks

E-6 in Taiwan

E-6 in Taiwan

I will be traveling to Taiwan for several months this year but don't want to bring rolls of unprocessed film back. Can any one in Taiwan recommend a photo lab for E-6 in 35mm and 120? Also, if they develop B&W too, that would be nice. Pro or non-Pro is OK.

I will bring a load of E-6 film and some B&W. But as I understand it Fuji only imports a limited selection of their films. Are there any good shops with a good selection? Refrigerated is preferred. I kind of know about the Photo Way they have in Taiwan where the majority of camera shops are located. Should I start there?

Thanks

Is there no one in Taiwan that can help my with E-6 processing? I heard Tongli Electronic Image, Yongjia, Zone 5 and 5 Color but have yet to find these shops. :confused:

Hello Gary,
although I am not in Taiwan at the moment, I had heard good quality and reputation from the 5 Color at http://www.5color.idv.tw/

Their price:
Process only:
Positive: 80 NTD
Mount: +50NTD
Negative: 60 NTD

Scan:
1536x1024 jpeg: add 50 NTD

Scan+Print+Process:
Negative:
Print 6x4+Small Contact+CD=210NTD

Positive:
Print 6x4+Small Contact+CD=230 (50 NTD extra for mount)

Really cheap compare to UK :'(

On the map, it is closely located near the Taipower Building on the Metro in Taipei.

Another RFF member, Jon is also from Taiwan, he maybe able to give more valuable information than me. His contact information: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=14224

Hope it helps,
Lucas Kao

Thanks. I happen to have found them a few days ago and to be actually closer to the Gongguan Station (next stop to the Taipei Power Station). It is a couple of streets in from across the street of the NTU campus. Their prices are reasonable (like stated) and turnaround time is around 1 to 2 days with process + scanning. The shop seems small, but they also offer 120 service, std and pro film stocks in color, chrome and B&W. Seems film is still alive in Taiwan :)

Alas, you need to be able to speak Mandarin or Taiwanese. Film speak may not be enough :( Luckily for me, I have a friend here to help me find the place and tell them what I was looking for :angel:

I'm going to try to find the other places and see if any of them speak English; a little more important for me than service or offerings :eek:

Back