The tribulations of buying a working Widelux

Wow Colin. Thanks for posting this link. I really like these pictures.
Would you like to share what film, iso and settings and maybe developer you used?

Your Superb China photographs

Your Superb China photographs

All the shots for a collection I did on China was done on a Widelux F7.

https://www.colincorneau.com/china-1.

Hi Colin,

I just want to say thank you for the wonderful China photographs on your Widelux. This might sound cliched, I really felt like I was there. And it makes me want to grab my Widelux and go on a world trip! Thank You!

Will be following you on Instagram.

What you are all writing about is Situation As Usual for anyone who buys any film camera 20 year old or older.

In the long ago days we could buy all these wonderful cameras new and at least know how they have been looked after (by us). Now many of them have had one or two or even more owners and buying them is rather like picking up a pig in a poke - it may be great for bacon or it may just wuss on you when you try to hold it.

The good old days for film cameras are gone. Take this from someone who has had all sorts of problems with Hasselblads and Rolleiflexes bought used as I could not afford new prices when they were originally made (I was also too young anyway, but that is beside the point).

On Ebay or even with camera shops these days you pays your money and you takes your chances. I am not happy either about this but it's life today. We have to live with it.

Back