The way East (Caucasus/Central-Asia/Mongolia on a motorcycle)

As a rider and photographer, I am in awe of your travels and grateful for the armchair travel I can participate in. Also stoked that I have been able to order From Estonia With Love, where it wasn't available for shipping to Australia in the past.
Happy trails and good light.

Fantastic, all your shots.

A big thank you from me, too, Margus; especially for the enlightening explanations to your superb photos.

Keep safe.

I just found this and I'm sorry but all I got is WOW.

These images are amazing as is the journey. Thank you so much for sharing these with us here.

Margus,
I’m so glad you started posting on this thread again! This has been one of my favorite threads on RFF of all time.

Wow, that's some feedback!!!

Thanks a million guys!

As a rider and photographer, I am in awe of your travels and grateful for the armchair travel I can participate in. Also stoked that I have been able to order From Estonia With Love, where it wasn't available for shipping to Australia in the past.
Happy trails and good light.

That's a great distance to cover indeed to the other side of the globe. Hopefully the book makes it to OZ safe and sound!

Thanks,
Margus

Kyrgiztan's Tian Shan mountain range was soon upon us. The views from a Soviet made Horizont 35mm swivelling-lens panoramic camera.

Tian Shan.

Ancient tomb in Kyrgyztan put at the foothills of the Tian Shan mountains, Silk Road phenomena created some rich and powerful people
back in the day who could afford such burial.

A lake with healing powers in Kyrgyztan. Tian Shan looming in the background.

SMX4232_s.jpg

Kyrgyz tribesman mostly strike as a rather very positive minded folk.

SMX4236_s.jpg

A MIG-21 warplane where it belongs, grounded and retired.

SMX4263_s.jpg

It was quite some engineering feat by the famous Artem Mikoyan who's house we visited on the same trip back in Armenia. Great to know the main man behind those MIGs.

SMX4229_s.jpg

We set up our camp at one of the local Tian Shan tops. It was pretty steep climb for our fully loaded bikes, but made it and it rewarded us with a decent view.

SMX4230_s.jpg

Tian Shan (infrared film-) view from our tent's window.

I have just found this thread for the first time - incredible photography and what an amazing trip. Particularly impressed by what I assume is your use of grad filters - many of your landscapes are perfectly exposed on slide film, with dark blue skies and white clouds. Very impressive work.

Back