thinking of TomA

tajart

ancien
Local time
7:16 PM
many days throughout the year(s) I think of Tom, and always on the first day of the new year, as it was his day to replace batteries in those devices that required them...

He was a great help to me when I started to get serious about shooting with rangefinders. It's nice that we have a lot of his wisdom archived here on RFF.

PF

He was a great help to me when I started to get serious about shooting with rangefinders. It's nice that we have a lot of his wisdom archived here on RFF.

PF

I volunteered for the Tom A. project, but so far I haven't received any directions on what to do. I guess it's early, yet. I miss talking to Tom at the LHSA meetings!

I miss Tom too, and think about him often. Tom was like the older brother I never had. Often times, I'd like to get his take on something new from Leica or CV, or just to shoot the breeze. I miss all the times we spent at Photokinas and PMA shows and LHSA meetings. He was one of a kind!

I miss both Tom & Al Kaplan. I still have my Silver is Better t shirt that I received in a Christmas give-a-way here on RFF several years ago.

Good to see him remembered here again. Clearly a very civilized man. Hard to see how he worked through so many M2s, but you have to respect a man who recognised the quintessential Leica and championed it so well.

Back