Japan Tokyo meetup

Tokyo meetup

Sorry guys totally forgot to post this until last minute. We had a fun meeting!

Sure lets meet next Saturday. Jon, let me know the details later. I'll bring you the roll of XX in a normal film cassette so you can load it instead the ixmoo

p.s. If the forum was sending thread reminder emails like it used to, huh?

Hello Ong and the rest of the Tokyo crew,

Are we meeting up tomorrow?
I am ok from 16:30 anywhere. Weather looks to be rainy but we'll figure something out.

Ben

p.s. If the forum was sending thread reminder emails like it used to, huh?

Indeed! Looks like we're stuck with the current situation though...

So the plan is to meet up at JR Shinagawa station at 4:30pm and then head over to the Nikon museum at Nikon's head office nearby. And then make it up as we go I guess. The museum is new and opens tomorrow to celebrate Nikon's 100th anniversary (two years early!) so it will be interesting to see what its all about.

Anyone is welcome to join! Regarding a meeting spot, looks like the easiest spot would be to meet at the triangle clock just outside the Shinagawa station central exit (photo below).

00100_1315970479.jpg

great time meeting up on Saturday, although I could feel that extra beer for the road the morning after.

I am deffo up for meeting up again sometime although i'll be tied up with family visiting Japan for a while.

I did put an amazon order for the magnum contact sheet book although it seems sold out.

Here are a couple of snaps from that Ueno station showa guy. Very good book.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0
Hi Toby,

(Fingers crossed I got the spelling right)

Was fun indeed, sorry you felt bad next morning.

You won't regret the Magnum Contact Sheets for sure!
Thanks for the photos, I'll have the title decoded tomorrow by someone who can read Kanji and order away.

Meeting again sounds good. I too won't be able to join the one on the 30th (sorry Jon / Eugene) as we have a family trip to Kagoshima I totally forgot about. I'll meet up with Jerome on the 29th instead which is a school night so perhaps not suitable for most of you. Jerome will be ok to join you guys on the 30th as well from what I gather.

Night,
Ben

Found the book on Amazon:
Title: 上野駅の幕間 “Ueno eki no maku ai”
Photographer: 本橋成一 "Motohashi Seiichi"

Link here and it's about 5,000 yen.

Looks amazing, I am ordering away!
Ben

Woah, I'm not sure how I missed these posts until now... damn that busted thread update function :bang:

That was a fun night last weekend. And thanks for posting that book, Toby (and for deciphering the kanji, Ben). I'm about to place an order too!

Ben, have a great time in Kagoshima. Will catch up with you next time!

So just a quick reminder. Today (29th) Jerome and I are meeting in Shibuya at 19:00.

If anyone is available please PM me - RFF still doesn't send reminders but PM's do generate one.

There's another meetup scheduled for tomorrow 30th - if details are settled Jon or someone else will post back here.

Ben

Have fun guys! I hope I can join next soon again once my family and traveling is over!

Also I hope you like the book once you get it. Speaking of which are there any other good Japan related photo books anyone can recommend?

I have seen that guy on my train in to town - I guess he lives around my area!

Its amazing really, how many people live in Tokyo/Yokohama/Kawasaki area? Still I recognise people quite often...

Fun shot of a funny guy!

Hope you enjoyed your trip, Jerome! I look forward to see some of your images once you've had a chance to develop your film. Cheers!

22645256111_08839801fc_b.jpg

I have seen that guy on my train in to town - I guess he lives around my area!

Its amazing really, how many people live in Tokyo/Yokohama/Kawasaki area? Still I recognise people quite often...

Fun shot of a funny guy!

Thanks Toby! This guy certainly stands out in a crowd so no doubt easy to recognise if you spot him again. This was taken in Shibuya so not too far from your area.

Happy Friday all!

When is our next outing?
Next time will bring some prints etc...

I will potentially be at the same place tomorrow by the way if anyone's free.
Have a good weekend.
Ben

Hey - yeah it would be great to see some of your prints! Would also like to try one of those darkrooms for rent you mentioned. I am going back to Sweden for a while now but should be free sometime in second half November if people are around then.

Back