Tom Abrahamsson : A Leica Pundit And Visionary Man Whose Remembrance Lives On

Halfway through, but have to hold off the rest till later. Lots of information to digest in a short while. Thanks for the link, Stephen. I miss the little e-mail conversations I had with Tom. He always had some good suggestions for me.

PF

wow is that long.... cannot do it in one Sitting, gets very technical

LOVED the Photo of Tom & Tuulikki and ‘Finding’ the more personal points of Tom and his Life !

What a wonderful tribute of the man and the life he led. He wholeheartedly deserves it for his insight, camaraderie, enthusiasm and most of all for being such a gentlemen in offering his assistance to all levels of photo enthusiasts world wide. His knowledge and opinions will long be of value to legions of fans of the rangefinder, both cameras and lenses and of course associated equipment.

Dave (D&A)

To be honest it is very good what Tom A is remembered.
But this article illustrated lack of attention problem. Way too much of not relevant and basic gear info, available elsewhere, I have to fish out related to Tom A info, but gave up.

He was mostly to me, a very good person who always seemed to have time for me and my photos. RIP.

that is a super long article,
i have to bookmark it for later read,
scanning a few paragraphs and found it quite interesting.

however, agreed with Ko.Fe above, mass of off topic information.

Yes, a good article, even if it is a bit over-inclusive. Partly about Tom, partly about Leicas, partly dropping the names of who's (or was) who in photography.

At one of the fall Leica meetings, Tom noticed the tripod socket on the bottom of my rapidwinder and told me he had machined it himself. It seemed remarkable that he remembered doing that, out of all he used to do, on my one unit.

Great article. Tom indeed was a gracious man who helped photographers with his wisdom no matter what skill level you had for photography. He helped me out to find a true beauty in b&w film and he also encouraged me to make my own developer instead of paying for shipping of water with a small amount of chemicals in them from USA. Have been doing Pyrocat (HD & HDC) developing and getting great results.

Back