Tom Abrahamsson Canadian Special M2

SimonSawSunlight

Simon Fabel
Local time
6:44 PM

This is my current Tom Abrahamsson Canadian Special M2 and I thought some you would like to see it.
It is the manifestation of the overwhelming support I have received from Tom and Tuulikki over the past 10 years and everything I produce with it is done in deep appreciation of said support.

I bought the camera, a 1965 Leica M2 made by Ernst Leitz Canada (!), from Tom when I stayed with Tuulikki and Tom in autumn of 2016. It was the last time we spent together before Tom died in early 2017. (I shared the story in more detail in another post a while ago.)
It was outfitted with the current model MP/M-A finder last year and has all the fancy framelines.

The lens, an Elmarit 28mm f2.8 vIII, also made in Canada, is Tuulikki's extremely generous wedding present to Philine and me. Tom had originally bought it for a long trip through Europe in 1981 and we intend to take it on many more trips.

The M2-model Rapidwinder was a gift from Tom back in 2011, when I first stayed at the Abrahamsson's in Vancouver. It is of course made by Tom himself, and thus made in Canada

The soft release button is Abrahamsson-made as well, I prefer the "Mini" version over the larger ones.

(The strap is from Hyperion Camera Straps in Greece and I can recommend it.)

That's that, feel free to share your Tom-related stuff. :)

Thank you for sharing, Simon. I miss reading's Tom's perspective on RFF but his old posts live on.

Back