Ukrainian Film Factory? Svema lives!

I send my best wishes to the country of Ukraine, and to a prosperous future!

Well my visit to Kiev in Spring this year: Fomapan 400 in the C.V. Bessa III 667, developed in Diafine 2-bath iso 400.

How sad Maidan is:

33341276144_08fe1af978.jpg

34052757581_593f919677.jpg

Last weeks I was in L'viv, also a very interesting city in the utmost West of Ukraine 70km from the Polish border. This time with my Leica M7 filled with Kodak XX film.

I've wanted to try some of the Svema films, they were always just too expired or in too bad shape to buy if they were affordable. And if they are in good condition, they are usually expensive. eBay is full of overpriced stuff like this.

I've shot a few rolls of Svema which came from the Film Photography Project. It has a muted, almost pastel palette and for some subjects it definitely works.

Below is a shot of one of the Madison County bridges using Svema film.

35238826973_b300c1811e_c.jpg

Thank you! (Cnacubo!!!) for the pics and news, fotohuis and colleagues.
Thought Svema was gone forever. But, thanks to you I realised that maybe film is no longer made but still sold with the Svema brand.
Been in Kyiv (lovely city, and in front of the Arsenal factory in Arsenalna), been in Lviv as well, and would like to go back. Very friendly and helpful people.
Thank you again for your input!
Oh, bought several items from Ukraine and arrived alwais in perfect shape. No problems whatsoever.
Best regards from Spain

Back