Upside down when dragging & dropping

davidswiss

Established
Local time
1:30 PM
I just tried uploading some photos, for the first time, but when I dragged and dropped them they were upside down.
What am I doing wrong ?

Hmmm, you're probably in Australia and the pics are automatically converting to non-Australian "right way up-ness".

• The "Atach files" button presents a standard file browser for whatever OS you're on to find and select an image file from local storage to upload.
  • The "Insert Image" tool presents either a drag-to box where you can drag the image file (an alternative to the standard file browser), or it presents an input dialog that allows you to input a URL to your image from a web server if you click the link tab.
I store the photos I want to embed into posts on Flickr.com, using it as my web server, so I use the Insert image tool and click the link tag. Like so:

52619666986_8e9457e154_b.jpg

Aliens Hanging Around - Santa Clara 2022
Leica M10-M + Color Skopar 50mm f/2.5

I hope that helps make it clear what the options are.
G

Well that was a fuss about nothing, when uploading to gallery it did show the picture upside down, then the correct way after I submitted it.
However, when I try to attach a picture to a normal post it tells me it's too large. I tried with jpegs less that 6Mb. What is the correct size ?

Well that was a fuss about nothing, when uploading to gallery it did show the picture upside down, then the correct way after I submitted it.
However, when I try to attach a picture to a normal post it tells me it's too large. I tried with jpegs less that 6Mb. What is the correct size ?
Post photos with 1200-1600 pixels on the long edge in messages. A 6M JPEG file is way too big: A typical color 35mm image output as 1600x1067 pixels should be around 400-500 Kbytes. The same typical image output at 2400 pixels on the long edge comes out to 2400x1640 pixels and is about 700 Kbytes.

G

@MP Guy what are the image settings? Max file size, max pixels for attachments?

What image library? Imagemagick or the PHP built-in GD image library?

Thank you!

If that was pointed at me, I don't know. I could upload direct from my computer a 5.73Mb photo to Gallery without trouble.
The problem only occurs when I tried, for instance, to attach an image with a reply here.

I forgot to mention - if you use Flickr, you can just copy and paste the BBcode right in the post/reply window and the image will display.

Back