Using Bronica RF645 with 45mm as panoramic camera

jssaraiva

Local time
4:11 PM
I've been tempted by the Hasselblad XPan, but with current prices, been looking if my Bronica RF645 with the 45mm could be an alternative.

Here are a few examples. The Delta 400 emulsion had issues, but given the foggy morning hopefully it might provide some additional mood...

I've also published a video on Youtube (my 1st...) with some written remarks and a few more photos. This wide aspect ratio does look better on a 16:9 TV than on a laptop, so if you are interested and have a TV with Youtube app, I suggest to see it there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqwelQ9yIu0

Thanks. I went over the video too. The results look great. It is a balance between practicality and cost.

Thanks. I went over the video too. The results look great. It is a balance between practicality and cost.

Thanks for the feedback!

Naturally this applies to other 6x4.5 with the same restrictions (and can be extrapolated to 6x6) but having a quite wide lens like the 45mm on the RF645 is a plus.

Looks good! Did you mind always shooting in "landscape" orientation? Also, maybe you could make a mask on the VF to aid composition.

Looks good! Did you mind always shooting in "landscape" orientation? Also, maybe you could make a mask on the VF to aid composition.

Thanks for the inputs!

It is not so convenient to shoot in landscape orientation, but the RF645 ergonomics are great, so it was not a problem. The mask is something I thought about, but not sure if I could make a good match to the actual framing goal...

The mask is something I thought about, but not sure if I could make a good match to the actual framing goal...

What you can do is stick some tape on the front of the VF until it matches the horizontal frame lines (the 56mm dimension of the film). Then measure the distance between the pieces of tapes, and stick vertical pieces to match the aspect ratio.

This is not quite as wide a format as an XPan, but doing panos this way can be very flexible as to composition. This is the 45mm on the Bronica RF645... deep inside the automated car wash!
U77I1091775428.SEQ.0.jpg

Back