Video: Minolta Hi-Matic 7S film rangefinder review and how-to

Nice video going through the pluses and minuses of the camera. This was my first “good” camera which I purchased for about $90 in 1970 as a high school student with money from a summer job. It went through a lot of Tri-X and even some color back in the day. I still have it and if it wasn’t for the problems getting a battery for it, I would use it more often.

Did you post the photos anywhere?

Nice video going through the pluses and minuses of the camera. This was my first “good” camera which I purchased for about $90 in 1970 as a high school student with money from a summer job. It went through a lot of Tri-X and even some color back in the day. I still have it and if it wasn’t for the problems getting a battery for it, I would use it more often.

Interesting, Thanks for sharing. Long time since I last shot film - I'll go an load my Auto S2; always good to get some inspiration :)

Interesting, Thanks for sharing. Long time since I last shot film - I'll go an load my Auto S2; always good to get some inspiration :)

In my opinion the Auto S2 is a slightly better camera - very similar but I the lens seems a bit more contrasty. I should pull mine out and take a few shots too.

Back