Vince Lupo's Mapping the West

Very nice!

Vince, thank you for #322 and the other photographs.
Many thanks for the encouragement - I have a bunch of photos to still go through, plus as you can see I’m also shooting some film (1000F and Super Wide shown). I have an Ermanox with me as well, but honestly I’ve grown a bit tired of them. May end up selling both.

I’m working off a small laptop out here, so the posted photos may require some tweaking once I’m back home.

Vince, have you found any IQ advantages to 120 film vs. your Nikon Z7/Leica Monochrome...or vice versa?
Actually I haven’t really done a side-by-side comparison between film and the Z7. Of course the one variable with film is the scanner (I use a V850) so I don’t know how that affects things. Honestly I just wanted to bring the Hasselblads out to put them to use and for something different. If I think of it I will try to do a side-by-side comparison.

BTW between the Monochrom (which I no longer have) and the Z7, the Z7 is much more flexible and I think the image quality is as good.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the piano shot! If it wasn't made in NM, it ought to have been. It's a quintessential example of our state's weirdness. And as far as these things finding you, maybe it's like those stray cats that walk up to you and won't leave. They know they've found the right home!

I absolutely love the piano shot! If it wasn't made in NM, it ought to have been. It's a quintessential example of our state's weirdness. And as far as these things finding you, maybe it's like those stray cats that walk up to you and won't leave. They know they've found the right home!
Ah sadly it’s in another Western state — hmm wonder which one.

Back