Voightlander Bessa R and Lens Question

Last time I needed a lens repaired, it was a VC 21/4 LTM that had also been misassembled by someone. I sent it to DAG in Verona WI knowing he was backed up. Took 3 months wait and cost $175 including shipping. But when I got it back, it was like new.

My go-to resource for Leica lenses and cameras is Youxin Ye. YYeCAMERA He provides excellent service at reasonable prices. In the past he was super fast, but as his reputation has spread, so has his workload. Still, his wait times are in the weeks to months area, not years.

Rangefinder Friends,

OK. One more question. A few weeks ago I called around many of the usual places for service. Many wouldn't look at the Ultron, one was backloggged or otherwise not taking in new lenses, one was "retired" and one was kinda pricey just to look the lens over.

In the Spring of 2023, where would be the best place to send a lens like this for service?

In my case it's gonna have to be a very knowledgeable technician becuase I'm convinced this lens was disassembled and reassembled improperly, in addition to having some kind of a jam in the threadding where the front aperature section screws onto the larger part of the lens.

Many thanks....

Andrew
Typical snafu with multi entry focus helicoid.
Anyone known for working with mechanical lenses will correct it. Doesn't have to be rangefinder guru.
The only tricky part is to have experience to find where entry point is and snap into it without stripping thread. Voigtlander thread usually not too tiny.

Back