Voigtländer 40mm f2.8 Heliar lens (VM & LTM) - Images

is there any real difference between the ltm v M mount versions?
Being a new lens i wouldn't imagine so. I really liked the general build quality. I'd be inclined to buy the LTM just for it's versatility.....(even though i currently don't have any LTM bodies

Been considering this lens. One thing that massively irks me and has caused me to hold off is Cosina/Voigtlanders refusal to reissue their 40mm finders. 40mm finders are basically impossible to find now. Even the plastic ones or 3rd party ones. Seriously what the heck, guys?

Been considering this lens. One thing that massively irks me and has caused me to hold off is Cosina/Voigtlanders refusal to reissue their 40mm finders. 40mm finders are basically impossible to find now. Even the plastic ones or 3rd party ones. Seriously what the heck, guys?
There are 3 Voigtlander 40mm finders on Ebay at the moment.....one on a Bessa camera... or mount it in a Leica CL or Leitz Minolta CLE

There are 3 Voigtlander 40mm finders on Ebay at the moment.....one on a Bessa camera... or mount it in a Leica CL or Leitz Minolta CLE
You are right, sadly these are used and plastic with the asking price being completely ridiculous in my opinion.
The asking price is about 1.5x the cost of a new one for the cheapest one and it's not even complete or in that great condition...

You are right, sadly these are used and plastic with the asking price being completely ridiculous in my opinion.
The asking price is about 1.5x the cost of a new one for the cheapest one and it's not even complete or in that great condition...
sadly that's what scarcity and demand does.....

sadly that's what scarcity and demand does.....
I know, hence my griping about Cosina being strangely reluctant to reissue their 40mm finders.
I and I assume many others would give them good money for the metal 40mm finder. One they already fabricated once...

Not a huge fan of the plastic ones, I don't have an issue with the material per-say, but the bulging exposed front element is just asking for scratches in my experience with the 25 of similar construction. I since bought the metal 21/25 and never looked back

I know, hence my griping about Cosina being strangely reluctant to reissue their 40mm finders.
I and I assume many others would give them good money for the metal 40mm finder. One they already fabricated once...

Not a huge fan of the plastic ones, I don't have an issue with the material per-say, but the bulging exposed front element is just asking for scratches in my experience with the 25 of similar construction. I since bought the metal 21/25 and never looked back
i have seen plastic ones with a broken foot. I did buy their metal 35mm....& have Leitz metal ones for 21, 28 and 50

i have seen plastic ones with a broken foot. I did buy their metal 35mm....& have Leitz metal ones for 21, 28 and 50
Ah yeah I have seen that too. Also I just checked their website and they have at least 4 to 5 (if you count the L/M versions as separate) 40mm lenses in production/sale.
Yet - NO finder. Truly strange...

Anyway sorry I will not derail this thread further and will report back once I get my hand on a 40/2.8 ltm...

I have a plastic one, but I am unhappy with it. Without glasses the image of the finder is unsharp, but with glasses I see the world @ infinity unsharp. Please Cosina, make a metal one like the Leitz SBOOI. In black.

Erik.

Landmark Tower​
DSC08819.jpg

Sony A7III, Voigtälnder 40mm f2.8 Heliar Aspherical VM lens
Sony B&W in camera jpeg
Yokohama, Japan - February 2023
Image resized smaller than original​

Face in a crowd​
DSC08989.jpg

Sony A7III, Voigtälnder 40mm f2.8 Heliar Aspherical VM lens
Sony B&W in camera jpeg
Yokohama, Japan - February 2023